View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 116
Re: photos from my trip

Alright, so my opinion on jordan is this:

It's sad what religion has done to people. You don't feel the full effect of what religion does to the human mind untill you've visited a country dominated by it. It's in their blood, it's kept them emotionally and mentally out of the 21st century. My ex-gf's mother is a full blown christian but this is a different animal. This is dangerous. You hear and see on the news about people blowing themselves up, but it just seems so far away, like in a movie. The air of the effect of religion creeped me out, it boggled my mind, there is something truly insane about it. But what boggled my mind the most was that it still exists in these times. I will never go to a islam-dominated country again, it's too fucked up. As nice as the people may seem,there's a reason they have problems and it's religion, the whole aenima booklet quote " beliefs are dangerous,beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning" took on a whole new meaning when i visited this country. And this country is the most stable of them.

I sat down one evening to do some zen meditation and i heard some loud pops within the yells of what seemed like a confrontation. I wondered if they were gunshots. I went outside on the balcony and there was a jordanian dude also on the balcony having a smoke wondering what was going on.I looked downhill and seen a crowd of people outside a hotel at the bottom of the hill, a man walked out and sprayed the side of the building with a machine gun. Everyone in the crowd fleed.The jordanian dude grabbed me and pushed me inside our hotel for safety. It turns out it was tribal warfare between different tribes of the desert, kinda like gang activity. The police didn't interfere and let them work their shit out. For a couple of hours it went on, a full day later i was still a bit jumpy at hearing any kind of bangs. How people(americans,canadians)go and fight in a war is beyond me, i would never ever be wired for that shit. When your in a third world country you naturally feel vulnerable, everyone does,especially if your not in a tour group,your far far from home and home is where the heart is. So add some gunshots to that equation and everything you love at home,you love a whole lot more. Cliche' but it's true. The next day i looked at my girlfriend and said "fuck this place, let's go to japan"

Last edited by MypugsAreSmarterThanYou; 05-09-2012 at 08:16 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote