View Single Post
ShaolinNinjaJediMaster's Avatar ShaolinNinjaJediMaster
02-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Maynard had a few nice things to say to the audience tonight. Some of the highlights would be:

"We're just waiting for the acid to kick in before we start this shit up"

"These songs were written before most of you were even sperm"

"Last show fuckers"

Sound quality was PHENOMENAL.
It sounded great in Charlotte on Saturday but this ATLANTA show was just incredible sounding. You could hear everything perfect from where I was in the 12th row floor just a little over toward Adam's side right in front of Maynard. I had 14th row floor right in front of Danny in Charlotte. Both shows were great. Good times.
I bought over $1000 worth of tour posters this show. Thankfully they had a few left over from both Florida shows and a few others I didn't expect to see. They must have cleaned out their inventory since this was the last show. Now I am broke..lol..but it beats having to buy them off ebay. Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches and Ramen noodles for the rest of the month...lol
I was smart this time and brought a yoga mat bag to protect the posters during the show. I was glad I did that!

I saw TOOL play at the Masquerade here in Atlanta in 1993 for the Undertow tour when Maynard used to stay out front and act like a little gremlin. They didn't have any lasers or screens back in those days. Just in your face rock. I hung out backstage with them and talked about music, art, and other assorted trivia. They were all really nice, even Maynard was cordial and fun to talk to. Paul D'Amour was cool to me and gave me a green guitar pick with a star on it that says "Rock Star". It was the one he was warming up backstage with and he handed it to me before he walked on stage. Danny gave me a stick after the show. I liked TOOL back then a lot but they only had one full length CD (Undertow) and the Opiate EP out. I never imagined then that they would get as big as they have since. Over the years they have become one of my favorite bands.
I saw them on the Aenima tour when they played at The International Ballroom in Atlanta. That was a crazy mosh pit since it was all general admission with no seating. They took some people out of that show in an ambulance. I still have a mark on my scalp from some mosher floating above the crowd and kicking me in the head with spikes on his boot. I guess it was the price I payed to see them up close at that show. I bought a black styrofoam ball with the TOOL logo on it at that show. They called it an "antenna ball" Everyone who sees it now wants to buy it from me...lol...I think I'll keep it. it's sentimental to me now.

I have seen them so many times since those first 2 shows that I would need to look at my tickets to remember them all. I will say that tonights show in Atlanta was definitely awesome!

Last edited by ShaolinNinjaJediMaster; 02-09-2012 at 12:00 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

Maynard had a few nice things to say to the audience tonight. Some of the highlights would be:

"We're just waiting for the acid to kick in before we start this shit up"

"These songs were written before most of you were even sperm"

"Last show fuckers"

Sound quality was PHENOMENAL.
It sounded great in Charlotte on Saturday but this ATLANTA show was just incredible sounding. You could hear everything perfect from where I was in the 12th row floor just a little over toward Adam's side right in front of Maynard. I had 14th row floor right in front of Danny in Charlotte. Both shows were great. Good times.
I bought over $1000 worth of tour posters this show. Thankfully they had a few left over from both Florida shows and a few others I didn't expect to see. They must have cleaned out their inventory since this was the last show. Now I am broke..lol..but it beats having to buy them off ebay. Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches and Ramen noodles for the rest of the month...lol
I was smart this time and brought a yoga mat bag to protect the posters during the show. I was glad I did that!

I saw TOOL play at the Masquerade here in Atlanta in 1993 for the Undertow tour when Maynard used to stay out front and act like a little gremlin. They didn't have any lasers or screens back in those days. Just in your face rock. I hung out backstage with them and talked about music, art, and other assorted trivia. They were all really nice, even Maynard was cordial and fun to talk to. Paul D'Amour was cool to me and gave me a green guitar pick with a star on it that says "Rock Star". It was the one he was warming up backstage with and he handed it to me before he walked on stage. Danny gave me a stick after the show. I liked TOOL back then a lot but they only had one full length CD (Undertow) and the Opiate EP out. I never imagined then that they would get as big as they have since. Over the years they have become one of my favorite bands.
I saw them on the Aenima tour when they played at The International Ballroom in Atlanta. That was a crazy mosh pit since it was all general admission with no seating. They took some people out of that show in an ambulance. I still have a mark on my scalp from some mosher floating above the crowd and kicking me in the head with spikes on his boot. I guess it was the price I payed to see them up close at that show. I bought a black styrofoam ball with the TOOL logo on it at that show. They called it an "antenna ball" Everyone who sees it now wants to buy it from me...lol...I think I'll keep it. it's sentimental to me now.

I have seen them so many times since those first 2 shows that I would need to look at my tickets to remember them all. I will say that tonights show in Atlanta was definitely awesome!

Last edited by ShaolinNinjaJediMaster; 02-09-2012 at 12:00 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote