View Single Post
EndEyeQuote's Avatar EndEyeQuote
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM

I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
Level 666 - Cenobite (tdn $supporter)

Bincount™: 20
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote