View Single Post
junior
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWeenSatan View Post

So I stayed at the same hotel the band did the night before. I know the GM well. He said the band was really nice and chill. But the hotel management was under strict instructions to keep them and Maynard apart because he's not getting along with them at all. They were having security scope out the halls, bar, pool, etc. so Maynard wouldn't bump into the rest of the band. They even insisted the tour buses be kept in separate lots. Basically, Maynard is not happy to be touring with the band again.
Breaking my silence this once as to clarify something.
This post was brought to my attention, so I'm going to respond to it, as I can see it is already being spread as "fact" just because 1 person said they "heard something".
I realize this is not a review, but I'm hoping it can be allowed to stand as the source seems like the best place to offer this info.

There are several flaws to this story:

1) the band have been staying in NYC since after the Boston show and have not had hotels at or near the venues this past week while in the Northeast. The crew and associated busses would have been the only ones near Mohegan Sun.

2) the band don't use their real names at hotels, so the GM wouldn't be instructed as to who "Maynard" is, nor "Adam", "Danny", and "Justin".

3) the idea of using hotel employees to keep the band separated is absurd. They're adults, not rival gangs. If they were really having a problem like this the bands management would simply put them in different hotels. It's unrealistic.

4) Maynard hasn't travelled by bus since around 2007. I believe he's talked about that in an interview, in that he has trouble sleeping on a bus and prefers to fly from city to city. So, separating the buses is out.

Last edited by junior; 02-02-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWeenSatan View Post

So I stayed at the same hotel the band did the night before. I know the GM well. He said the band was really nice and chill. But the hotel management was under strict instructions to keep them and Maynard apart because he's not getting along with them at all. They were having security scope out the halls, bar, pool, etc. so Maynard wouldn't bump into the rest of the band. They even insisted the tour buses be kept in separate lots. Basically, Maynard is not happy to be touring with the band again.
Breaking my silence this once as to clarify something.
This post was brought to my attention, so I'm going to respond to it, as I can see it is already being spread as "fact" just because 1 person said they "heard something".
I realize this is not a review, but I'm hoping it can be allowed to stand as the source seems like the best place to offer this info.

There are several flaws to this story:

1) the band have been staying in NYC since after the Boston show and have not had hotels at or near the venues this past week while in the Northeast. The crew and associated busses would have been the only ones near Mohegan Sun.

2) the band don't use their real names at hotels, so the GM wouldn't be instructed as to who "Maynard" is, nor "Adam", "Danny", and "Justin".

3) the idea of using hotel employees to keep the band separated is absurd. They're adults, not rival gangs. If they were really having a problem like this the bands management would simply put them in different hotels. It's unrealistic.

4) Maynard hasn't travelled by bus since around 2007. I believe he's talked about that in an interview, in that he has trouble sleeping on a bus and prefers to fly from city to city. So, separating the buses is out.

Last edited by junior; 02-02-2012 at 11:26 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote