View Single Post
Laddermalice
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM

I'm just gonna re-post what I said about last night... with appropriate tweaks. After last night it was just eating me up that I wasn't going to tonight's show... soooooo, fuck it, I spent the day staring at CList and made it!

Maynard was turned up [again], and man was he killin' it tonight! Best Tool concert of the [5] I've seen [along with last night, just a little different :D]. [These were the ones] that redeemed all the awful to just-ok sound from previous ones. '98 was the worst sound wise but the one I always wanted a do-over on, and I thought I'd never get a chance to hear some of those songs again. Hooker-- killed it, felt like I was 18 again :-D [glad to see you still have a little anger in there MJ ;-D]. Pushit, oh man, I teared up-- killed it and he held all the notes [but last night was the only one I'm aware of so far that Maynard sang the "starin' down the hole again" verse, I feel so lucky! I thought Ticks was a fine tradeoff for Sober, and was better appreciated in studio-- FUCK NO! SOOO glad I found a ticket for tonight.] Can't believe I got to finally see and HEAR these live!

Maynard really does love Dallas ["Still in Texas"], he was hitting notes, holding notes, and putting his diaphragm into it, and the tone was wonderful, cool little flourishes and vocal tweaks that were fresh and added to the songs instead of seeming like compensations.

AND THEN... [The Pot] I about shit. Never got to hear that live before at all, sounded so amazing, Maynard hit all the vocals on the"eyeyeyeeee" stuff which was fucking electrifying. The guest drummer was actually a badass [still] on Lateralus, too, so the drum off didn't feel like a waste of time-- loved it, [and he deserved that box of toothpicks.] And to wrap it up, Maynard wailed on AEnima [again] with great vocals, nothing was missing, and I love the flourishes on "any fucking dayyyyyyy/Arizona bayyyyyy!"

I of course want to give props to the rest of the guys cause they all did a great job, too, and they always do, but the whole band was really amazing [both nights].

There was definitely a pretty long jam in there that sounded like a new song riff, btw, probably a good 2 minutes. [Nah, just a really sick Schism intro :-p ]

Maynard was into it, laid back, joking, groovin' to the music like he gave a fuck [though especially last night!]. It felt like I'd (or he'd) gone back in time [twice in one weekend.]

THANK YOU SOUND GUYS FOR FIXING THE MIX and THANK YOU MAYNARD FOR NOT HOLDING BACK!

JUNIOR-- Thanks again man, 1 night wasn't enough to take it all in!

OH and to top it off, the ticket I found on CList was for lower 203 toward the center, at face! Best sound of the 3 spots I stood the last three nights, and definitely the best deal on craigslist all day! Man I woulda been in a funk had I not gone, especially when I found out about the setlist. Whewwwwww.

So broke, [and even broker now-- took everything in me not to buy a shirt or posters, but the shows were worth every penny. As far as Tool goes, I can die happy now :-D.]

Last edited by Laddermalice; 01-21-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.21.2012 - Dallas, TX @ Verizon Arena

I'm just gonna re-post what I said about last night... with appropriate tweaks. After last night it was just eating me up that I wasn't going to tonight's show... soooooo, fuck it, I spent the day staring at CList and made it!

Maynard was turned up [again], and man was he killin' it tonight! Best Tool concert of the [5] I've seen [along with last night, just a little different :D]. [These were the ones] that redeemed all the awful to just-ok sound from previous ones. '98 was the worst sound wise but the one I always wanted a do-over on, and I thought I'd never get a chance to hear some of those songs again. Hooker-- killed it, felt like I was 18 again :-D [glad to see you still have a little anger in there MJ ;-D]. Pushit, oh man, I teared up-- killed it and he held all the notes [but last night was the only one I'm aware of so far that Maynard sang the "starin' down the hole again" verse, I feel so lucky! I thought Ticks was a fine tradeoff for Sober, and was better appreciated in studio-- FUCK NO! SOOO glad I found a ticket for tonight.] Can't believe I got to finally see and HEAR these live!

Maynard really does love Dallas ["Still in Texas"], he was hitting notes, holding notes, and putting his diaphragm into it, and the tone was wonderful, cool little flourishes and vocal tweaks that were fresh and added to the songs instead of seeming like compensations.

AND THEN... [The Pot] I about shit. Never got to hear that live before at all, sounded so amazing, Maynard hit all the vocals on the"eyeyeyeeee" stuff which was fucking electrifying. The guest drummer was actually a badass [still] on Lateralus, too, so the drum off didn't feel like a waste of time-- loved it, [and he deserved that box of toothpicks.] And to wrap it up, Maynard wailed on AEnima [again] with great vocals, nothing was missing, and I love the flourishes on "any fucking dayyyyyyy/Arizona bayyyyyy!"

I of course want to give props to the rest of the guys cause they all did a great job, too, and they always do, but the whole band was really amazing [both nights].

There was definitely a pretty long jam in there that sounded like a new song riff, btw, probably a good 2 minutes. [Nah, just a really sick Schism intro :-p ]

Maynard was into it, laid back, joking, groovin' to the music like he gave a fuck [though especially last night!]. It felt like I'd (or he'd) gone back in time [twice in one weekend.]

THANK YOU SOUND GUYS FOR FIXING THE MIX and THANK YOU MAYNARD FOR NOT HOLDING BACK!

JUNIOR-- Thanks again man, 1 night wasn't enough to take it all in!

OH and to top it off, the ticket I found on CList was for lower 203 toward the center, at face! Best sound of the 3 spots I stood the last three nights, and definitely the best deal on craigslist all day! Man I woulda been in a funk had I not gone, especially when I found out about the setlist. Whewwwwww.

So broke, [and even broker now-- took everything in me not to buy a shirt or posters, but the shows were worth every penny. As far as Tool goes, I can die happy now :-D.]

Last edited by Laddermalice; 01-21-2012 at 11:41 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote