View Single Post
subconsciousness
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM

what an amazing show.

i can be bothered with much of a critique, i think any opinions i have probably reflect more on me than the band.

third eye was an amazing song to open on. made the hairs on my neck crawl. you lied: also amazing to see...
there were a couple of mistakes/tech difficulties, as far as i could tell all from mr jones.

has anyone else realised that the bridge they are playing in lateralus is a cover of METALLICA's orion!? *gasp* yup metallica. definitely one of metallicas best, at least.

my only whinge is that they repeated about 5 songs from their big day out set 4 days ago... i can see plenty of possible reasoning for it, but i thought it would have been nice to get a totally fresh set as there are obviously tool fiends who were attending both shows. however of the 3 times ive seen tool, this was still the most jawdropping performance.

bring on the god damned new album!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

what an amazing show.

i can be bothered with much of a critique, i think any opinions i have probably reflect more on me than the band.

third eye was an amazing song to open on. made the hairs on my neck crawl. you lied: also amazing to see...
there were a couple of mistakes/tech difficulties, as far as i could tell all from mr jones.

has anyone else realised that the bridge they are playing in lateralus is a cover of METALLICA's orion!? *gasp* yup metallica. definitely one of metallicas best, at least.

my only whinge is that they repeated about 5 songs from their big day out set 4 days ago... i can see plenty of possible reasoning for it, but i thought it would have been nice to get a totally fresh set as there are obviously tool fiends who were attending both shows. however of the 3 times ive seen tool, this was still the most jawdropping performance.

bring on the god damned new album!!!!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote