View Single Post
Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
02-02-2011, 02:28 PM

There were two people on stage for one of Jakob's songs - one was wearing a camo-style suit covered in tassels and another was a somewhat normal looking dude. Jakob were awesome by the way. Hopefully soon they'll do a headline tour of Australia because so far I've only seen them play for half hour sets supporting Cog and Tool.

Great show. You Lied was cool to hear as a rare song, but really, regardless of the crowd not knowing it, I didn't enjoy it that much. Much less awesome and dynamic than the rest of the set. Third Eye was probably the highlight for me, it was such an epic opener. I had a GA lawn ticket and lined up early to get a sweet spot on the barrier. This was a much better experience than last time at the Music Bowl. To my ears it seemed like the sound quality was better than last time too.

I'm think Adam's guitar died in Jambi after the first chorus because he hurried over to his guitar tech and got another one, then resumed playing after a short break. Also, Right In Two sounded like it ended weirdly, I'm pretty sure they made a boo-boo there. The Lateralus breakdown in the middle was cool but I agree that it wasn't the best song for it. It was the song I was most looking forward to that I reasonably expected to hear (the other unlikely option being Reflection) and this kinda funked the mood of it.

No complaints from me at all though, this was right up there with '02.

Last edited by Elgyn; 02-02-2011 at 02:31 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

There were two people on stage for one of Jakob's songs - one was wearing a camo-style suit covered in tassels and another was a somewhat normal looking dude. Jakob were awesome by the way. Hopefully soon they'll do a headline tour of Australia because so far I've only seen them play for half hour sets supporting Cog and Tool.

Great show. You Lied was cool to hear as a rare song, but really, regardless of the crowd not knowing it, I didn't enjoy it that much. Much less awesome and dynamic than the rest of the set. Third Eye was probably the highlight for me, it was such an epic opener. I had a GA lawn ticket and lined up early to get a sweet spot on the barrier. This was a much better experience than last time at the Music Bowl. To my ears it seemed like the sound quality was better than last time too.

I'm think Adam's guitar died in Jambi after the first chorus because he hurried over to his guitar tech and got another one, then resumed playing after a short break. Also, Right In Two sounded like it ended weirdly, I'm pretty sure they made a boo-boo there. The Lateralus breakdown in the middle was cool but I agree that it wasn't the best song for it. It was the song I was most looking forward to that I reasonably expected to hear (the other unlikely option being Reflection) and this kinda funked the mood of it.

No complaints from me at all though, this was right up there with '02.

Last edited by Elgyn; 02-02-2011 at 02:31 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote