View Single Post
junior
02-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khat View Post
Yup. Exactly the same set as Brisbane, a little ho-hum that it was an exact copy. And (-) Ions was hardly played, merely sampled a little before stinkfist. Maynard spoke a little more and dedicated Aemina to all the shit going on (presumably QLD natural disasters).

As for mistakes I think Adam played a Jambi chord a little early right at the start which triggered a video frame to start playing early as well. It looked a bit out of place compared to other shows this tour. Also Adam missed the right string at the start on Intension which made me cringe.

For the record, and everyone who insists that "(-) ions" be included on setlist posts:

It has never been on a setlist, to my knowledge. Danny plays some Jacob's Ladders samples prior to "Stinkfist". They've been doing it this way for years, and it's not "(-) ions". No-one within the organization refers to it as that.

The video on Jambi started early tonight because the way the Myer Bowl is set up, none of us at the Front of House control position could see the stage. If the lower seated area stands (as they did all night) there is no view of the stage whatsoever. The venue is suited for seated shows (symphonies, etc.)
Our video guy heard Adam make some noise and thought he was starting the song. Usually we can see the band. Not tonight.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by khat View Post
Yup. Exactly the same set as Brisbane, a little ho-hum that it was an exact copy. And (-) Ions was hardly played, merely sampled a little before stinkfist. Maynard spoke a little more and dedicated Aemina to all the shit going on (presumably QLD natural disasters).

As for mistakes I think Adam played a Jambi chord a little early right at the start which triggered a video frame to start playing early as well. It looked a bit out of place compared to other shows this tour. Also Adam missed the right string at the start on Intension which made me cringe.

For the record, and everyone who insists that "(-) ions" be included on setlist posts:

It has never been on a setlist, to my knowledge. Danny plays some Jacob's Ladders samples prior to "Stinkfist". They've been doing it this way for years, and it's not "(-) ions". No-one within the organization refers to it as that.

The video on Jambi started early tonight because the way the Myer Bowl is set up, none of us at the Front of House control position could see the stage. If the lower seated area stands (as they did all night) there is no view of the stage whatsoever. The venue is suited for seated shows (symphonies, etc.)
Our video guy heard Adam make some noise and thought he was starting the song. Usually we can see the band. Not tonight.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote