View Single Post
Vertigo
02-02-2011, 06:31 AM

Tonight was my first Tool concert. I think the same goes for anyones first Tool concert: I was blown away.

Jakob was a great opener and really suited Tool's sound. I think Adam and Justin played on one of their songs too (I think it was them, not sure).

I don't think I can fault Tool in any way. Only thing I can nitpick about was that I would have liked to have heard some stuff from Undertow but whatever. Can't really complain because what ever comes out of those speakers sounds incredible.

radiolocke, I think I have to agree with the Sydney people. I was in the seated area and Maynard's voice seemed to be a little overpowered by everything else and at times the bass overpowered the lead which wasn't great. My friend who saw them in Brisbane also agrees.

The visuals, as I have seen before are incredible and even better in real life.

Can't wait til the next time they are over here!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

Tonight was my first Tool concert. I think the same goes for anyones first Tool concert: I was blown away.

Jakob was a great opener and really suited Tool's sound. I think Adam and Justin played on one of their songs too (I think it was them, not sure).

I don't think I can fault Tool in any way. Only thing I can nitpick about was that I would have liked to have heard some stuff from Undertow but whatever. Can't really complain because what ever comes out of those speakers sounds incredible.

radiolocke, I think I have to agree with the Sydney people. I was in the seated area and Maynard's voice seemed to be a little overpowered by everything else and at times the bass overpowered the lead which wasn't great. My friend who saw them in Brisbane also agrees.

The visuals, as I have seen before are incredible and even better in real life.

Can't wait til the next time they are over here!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote