View Single Post
Seek to the Death Rattle's Avatar Seek to the Death Rattle
01-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz8rdr View Post
Wednesday will definitely be longer. Melbourne BDO has a really tight curfew so they couldn't go past 10 like they have at other BDO's.

Amazing show. Better energy than the Gold Goast BDO and Brisbane sideshow.

A few notes:
Maynard actually sang the last 3 lines of Vicarious using the megaphone.
Lateralus again included a bit of Orion.
Sound was so much better than the Gold Coast BDO.
As much as I love Third Eye, I think that Jambi is better opener for a festival show. It really gets the whole crowd amped from the beginning.
On a personal note: Still no Intolerance for me :-( I just booked flights to Adelaide for Friday in case they don't play it on Wednesday. I will hear that song live, damn it! Don't make me go to Perth!
Yeah, we were lucky in Auckland I must admit. How many shows you going to all up?Intolerance was a great surprise and works great in the middle of the set in my opinion, plus they played it perfectly. Even though it's been done to death a little in the past, I'm missing 46 & 2 personally. Such a great live song, with great visuals/lighting.....and DC playing one of my favourite drum parts ever. Great news about MJK singing the end of vicarious also....
Old 01-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.30.11 - Big Day Out - Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz8rdr View Post
Wednesday will definitely be longer. Melbourne BDO has a really tight curfew so they couldn't go past 10 like they have at other BDO's.

Amazing show. Better energy than the Gold Goast BDO and Brisbane sideshow.

A few notes:
Maynard actually sang the last 3 lines of Vicarious using the megaphone.
Lateralus again included a bit of Orion.
Sound was so much better than the Gold Coast BDO.
As much as I love Third Eye, I think that Jambi is better opener for a festival show. It really gets the whole crowd amped from the beginning.
On a personal note: Still no Intolerance for me :-( I just booked flights to Adelaide for Friday in case they don't play it on Wednesday. I will hear that song live, damn it! Don't make me go to Perth!
Yeah, we were lucky in Auckland I must admit. How many shows you going to all up?Intolerance was a great surprise and works great in the middle of the set in my opinion, plus they played it perfectly. Even though it's been done to death a little in the past, I'm missing 46 & 2 personally. Such a great live song, with great visuals/lighting.....and DC playing one of my favourite drum parts ever. Great news about MJK singing the end of vicarious also....