View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #155
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeinNY View Post
from Philly you would take Amtrak to Penn Station on 34th Street (under MSG) then walk or take subway up to 42nd street (Port Authority) and take the bus from there. Easier way = you could take Greyhound from Philly to Port Authority and get the Meadowlands event bus (351) right there. Going back to Philly would be a bitch though, I dont know how late the busses/trains run.
George,

I know you've helped me out before. You sure seem to know your way around that madhouse. So, I got another one for ya.

Any ideas on the quickest way to get from Newark-Penn Station to the Meadowlands. I looked on NJ Transit's website, and it looks like the best route is roughly 1hr in transit (that is, if I configured the itinerary correctly). That would be about $5 each (for two of us). The other option is a cab for $35 ($40 w/tip, divided by two). SO, an extra $15 for what seems to be a much easier commute. The other factor, however, is traffic on a Friday evening. Will this make that cab ride much longer? Would we be better off taking NJ Transit? We are staying in the Hilton which is connected to Newark-Penn Station.

Thanks again for your help, dude.

~devin
OFFLINE |