View Single Post
TheGoldenLemur
12-17-2007, 02:08 AM

The mic on maynard's swivel keyboard thing was definitely underpowered for wings 1, but he called a labcoat over during the song and it was more or less fixed in time for the best parts of wings 2. some of the problem with the seeming shortcomings on his keyboard device may be due to the fact that, at the beginning of the show, it looked like--and felt like--adam cranked up the volumea bit; this probably affected everything but maynard's litlte mic, attatched to the keyboard, which is only used on wings. i don't think this is necessaryily any evidence that the band is indifferent to the audience. adam cranked the juice and everyone cheered; the whole show was louder and better because of it, with the exception of the less intense, first half of one song. boo hoo.
this was my 8th show on the massive TWO YEAR tour. what exactly are we criticizing here? adam stands motionless and plays guitar, justin flings his hair around and looks at his feet, nothing's changed there from the last tour. it must be maynard. he doesn't play the part of the blue polka-dotted transvestite anymore. is that it?
the guy's just MOTHER DIED, the song to honor the fact is misunderstood by millions, james iha left him for billy corgan, and he lost out to god damn wolfmother.
did anyone ever think that maybe this isn't the year he felt like stripping down to his skivvies and gyrating on a rotational ministage? i can understand; how about you?
his mom dies, and "fans" are telling him he needs more pieces of flair.
and the morrisin/cobain thing: by the end, the albums said, "Jim Morrison and the Doors" do you think a man that sings in the shadows and leavs the stage first is the kind of man that would ever want "Maynard with Tool" on one of his albums?
are you the kind of person that wants their next video to feature them lip synching in an abandoned warehouse? hopefully they don't listen to their fans. shut up.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 13 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

The mic on maynard's swivel keyboard thing was definitely underpowered for wings 1, but he called a labcoat over during the song and it was more or less fixed in time for the best parts of wings 2. some of the problem with the seeming shortcomings on his keyboard device may be due to the fact that, at the beginning of the show, it looked like--and felt like--adam cranked up the volumea bit; this probably affected everything but maynard's litlte mic, attatched to the keyboard, which is only used on wings. i don't think this is necessaryily any evidence that the band is indifferent to the audience. adam cranked the juice and everyone cheered; the whole show was louder and better because of it, with the exception of the less intense, first half of one song. boo hoo.
this was my 8th show on the massive TWO YEAR tour. what exactly are we criticizing here? adam stands motionless and plays guitar, justin flings his hair around and looks at his feet, nothing's changed there from the last tour. it must be maynard. he doesn't play the part of the blue polka-dotted transvestite anymore. is that it?
the guy's just MOTHER DIED, the song to honor the fact is misunderstood by millions, james iha left him for billy corgan, and he lost out to god damn wolfmother.
did anyone ever think that maybe this isn't the year he felt like stripping down to his skivvies and gyrating on a rotational ministage? i can understand; how about you?
his mom dies, and "fans" are telling him he needs more pieces of flair.
and the morrisin/cobain thing: by the end, the albums said, "Jim Morrison and the Doors" do you think a man that sings in the shadows and leavs the stage first is the kind of man that would ever want "Maynard with Tool" on one of his albums?
are you the kind of person that wants their next video to feature them lip synching in an abandoned warehouse? hopefully they don't listen to their fans. shut up.
OFFLINE |