View Single Post
$pir4L's Avatar $pir4L
06-21-2010, 05:35 AM

TOOL show #7

I wasn't going to go. From onsale until about 5 hours before the show I wasn't going to go. I have seen them every time they have come through Texas since 01 and I was content with not going. Really didn't have the money either. Then I read the setlist...I started feeling like I wanted to go but still wasn't convinced, went out to have lunch and my waiter walked up to me and the first thing he said was "Cool hat, you're going to TOOL tonight, right?" Before the end I had convinced him to go, but still wasn't myself...I went home and got on the Toyota Center website just to see what tix were left and when I checked it offered me some of the best seats in the house, Sec 114 right on the fucking rail. Dead Center Front Row Lower Prom. The only person that was blocking my view remotely was the sound board guy. Amazing seats, it was meant to be. Now on to the review...

!!!Third Eye!!!
Jambi
Stinkfist Extended
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse>The Patient!!
!!!Intolerance Extended!!!
Schism Extended w/ Double Time section
46 & 2
Intermission
Lateralus Extended
Ænima

Missed Wovenhand, haven't heard about them yet, how were they?

I tried to imagine what it would be like to hear Third Eye live, not considering what the visuals would look like, and to hear the surprise in everyone's screams at this being the opener was priceless. It was perfect. Maynard wasn't sick, pissed off, or even very quiet. He was constantly dancing and moving and cracking Maynardisms, they were all in top form. It's become a treat to see how Junior and crew evolve the set every new tour, keep up the good work guys. I hope someone got a killer shot of the Third Eye stage, from the rainbow colored ribbons on blackness to the tye dye explosion coming out of Maynard's head, it was nothing short of Fucking Amazing.

"For the next two hours, nothing else matters"

The next block of Jambi, Stinkfist Extended and Vicarious was business as usual, they are always amazing to hear live, I still love hearing everyone getting spoofed on "I'll Keep Digging" when they break it down during the extended part of Stinkfist :)

Eon Blue into the Patient was a refreshing make up, the last time I heard it live was 2002 at Compaq, and Maynard was sick, walked off stage halfway thru the song, never got to "Be Patient". This was spot on perfect and its always great to hear other Lateralus tracks.

"Alright, Hands Up!" "Now, who are former fans of Michael J. Fox?" "He went Back to the Future, well we got our hands on a Flux Capacitor"

Intolerance. Fucking Intolerance. I haven't jammed that hard in a long time. I really don't know what to say, I never thought I would hear it live...He sounded Excellent. The screams were Awesome. I never thought of it being Extended either. The other Highlight of my night and a definite highlight in all the times I have seem TOOL. Bravo.

Schism is only saved anymore for me by the Double Time section, it adds what the song needs for longevity, especially live, they've done it every single time I have seen them. 46 & 2 is always sick to see live, Danny is a golden god. Business as usual.

Intermission seemed shorter this time, I figured that Third Eye took up most of the show and they had to make cuts where appropriate too keep their time tight as usual, I knew that there were only two more songs left so maybe that's why it seemed to fly, at least the Candy Striper red and white lights weren't right in my eyes for the whole Intermission, they didn't have the round rigs so there wasn't the whole UFO thing going on this time around.

Lateralus is far and away one of the best things that they do live. I was kind of shocked that "The guest drumer didn't come out" or "Danny didn't have an extremely long solo" and before I knew it "With my feet upon the ground..." was coming out of Maynards mouth...sometime during Lateralus Maynard said "I Smell Pot". Good shit too, someone went to that show with some chronic in their pocket and thought to themselves "Maynard is going to smell my fucking pot tonite" lol. Danny again is a golden god, his solos are not of this earth. Maynard made a comment about "Drumming like that deserves a beer.

"News Flash" "I got engaged" Then I waited for the punchline...Danny even did a little comedic drumroll..."So all of you fat ass guys in the front row flashing your tits at me, put your fucking shirts back on! It's not going to happen."

Ænima is the strongest I have ever seen it, he sharpened it and screamed and the laser finale is in your face, Thank you TOOL and Junior for moving me through the whole fucking show, sorry for saying I wasn't going to go. The best show closer ever.

It was meant to be, Seats were A+, show was in the top 3 ever for me. Do wish I had gotten a poster though, if anyone has an extra, hit me up :) [email protected]

TOOL FUCKIN TOOL

Last edited by $pir4L; 06-21-2010 at 05:37 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

TOOL show #7

I wasn't going to go. From onsale until about 5 hours before the show I wasn't going to go. I have seen them every time they have come through Texas since 01 and I was content with not going. Really didn't have the money either. Then I read the setlist...I started feeling like I wanted to go but still wasn't convinced, went out to have lunch and my waiter walked up to me and the first thing he said was "Cool hat, you're going to TOOL tonight, right?" Before the end I had convinced him to go, but still wasn't myself...I went home and got on the Toyota Center website just to see what tix were left and when I checked it offered me some of the best seats in the house, Sec 114 right on the fucking rail. Dead Center Front Row Lower Prom. The only person that was blocking my view remotely was the sound board guy. Amazing seats, it was meant to be. Now on to the review...

!!!Third Eye!!!
Jambi
Stinkfist Extended
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse>The Patient!!
!!!Intolerance Extended!!!
Schism Extended w/ Double Time section
46 & 2
Intermission
Lateralus Extended
Ænima

Missed Wovenhand, haven't heard about them yet, how were they?

I tried to imagine what it would be like to hear Third Eye live, not considering what the visuals would look like, and to hear the surprise in everyone's screams at this being the opener was priceless. It was perfect. Maynard wasn't sick, pissed off, or even very quiet. He was constantly dancing and moving and cracking Maynardisms, they were all in top form. It's become a treat to see how Junior and crew evolve the set every new tour, keep up the good work guys. I hope someone got a killer shot of the Third Eye stage, from the rainbow colored ribbons on blackness to the tye dye explosion coming out of Maynard's head, it was nothing short of Fucking Amazing.

"For the next two hours, nothing else matters"

The next block of Jambi, Stinkfist Extended and Vicarious was business as usual, they are always amazing to hear live, I still love hearing everyone getting spoofed on "I'll Keep Digging" when they break it down during the extended part of Stinkfist :)

Eon Blue into the Patient was a refreshing make up, the last time I heard it live was 2002 at Compaq, and Maynard was sick, walked off stage halfway thru the song, never got to "Be Patient". This was spot on perfect and its always great to hear other Lateralus tracks.

"Alright, Hands Up!" "Now, who are former fans of Michael J. Fox?" "He went Back to the Future, well we got our hands on a Flux Capacitor"

Intolerance. Fucking Intolerance. I haven't jammed that hard in a long time. I really don't know what to say, I never thought I would hear it live...He sounded Excellent. The screams were Awesome. I never thought of it being Extended either. The other Highlight of my night and a definite highlight in all the times I have seem TOOL. Bravo.

Schism is only saved anymore for me by the Double Time section, it adds what the song needs for longevity, especially live, they've done it every single time I have seen them. 46 & 2 is always sick to see live, Danny is a golden god. Business as usual.

Intermission seemed shorter this time, I figured that Third Eye took up most of the show and they had to make cuts where appropriate too keep their time tight as usual, I knew that there were only two more songs left so maybe that's why it seemed to fly, at least the Candy Striper red and white lights weren't right in my eyes for the whole Intermission, they didn't have the round rigs so there wasn't the whole UFO thing going on this time around.

Lateralus is far and away one of the best things that they do live. I was kind of shocked that "The guest drumer didn't come out" or "Danny didn't have an extremely long solo" and before I knew it "With my feet upon the ground..." was coming out of Maynards mouth...sometime during Lateralus Maynard said "I Smell Pot". Good shit too, someone went to that show with some chronic in their pocket and thought to themselves "Maynard is going to smell my fucking pot tonite" lol. Danny again is a golden god, his solos are not of this earth. Maynard made a comment about "Drumming like that deserves a beer.

"News Flash" "I got engaged" Then I waited for the punchline...Danny even did a little comedic drumroll..."So all of you fat ass guys in the front row flashing your tits at me, put your fucking shirts back on! It's not going to happen."

Ænima is the strongest I have ever seen it, he sharpened it and screamed and the laser finale is in your face, Thank you TOOL and Junior for moving me through the whole fucking show, sorry for saying I wasn't going to go. The best show closer ever.

It was meant to be, Seats were A+, show was in the top 3 ever for me. Do wish I had gotten a poster though, if anyone has an extra, hit me up :) [email protected]

TOOL FUCKIN TOOL

Last edited by $pir4L; 06-21-2010 at 05:37 AM..
OFFLINE |