View Single Post
Etamina's Avatar Etamina
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it.

I wouldn't say that at all, at least concerning "Stinkfist". I mean, there's a definite message underneath those lyrics.

I did forget about Maynard's Dick, but even still I feel it falls into a different category. You wouldn't hear that at the end of a studio album.

We're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.

What I mean to say is, to disqualify Viginti Tres as an inspired, deliberate track is foolish, given their reputation and discography. They have something to say!

Last edited by Etamina; 05-06-2008 at 11:05 PM..
Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: What the hidden message is really saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
So whenever there are sexual organs mentioned in a Tool song, there's no hidden message in it.

I wouldn't say that at all, at least concerning "Stinkfist". I mean, there's a definite message underneath those lyrics.

I did forget about Maynard's Dick, but even still I feel it falls into a different category. You wouldn't hear that at the end of a studio album.

We're talking about a band that writes albums, not necessarily songs. And the whole thing is inspired and particular. To call any part of them meaningless casts a shadow of doubt over the whole album. We draw messages from the instrumental aspects because we understand the intentions behind them.

What I mean to say is, to disqualify Viginti Tres as an inspired, deliberate track is foolish, given their reputation and discography. They have something to say!

Last edited by Etamina; 05-06-2008 at 11:05 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote