View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 08:45 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3
Re: Where this song came from. According to TooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L
This is actually an uninvited guest that crashed one of Maynards partys. He was supposed to be friend of one of the guests and then he approached Maynerd and started this rambling. Maynard immediately grabbed a tape recorder and started taping the guy.
Actually, this isn't true, I read that Harry Manback was this Itallian guy that was Maynard's roommate, but for some reason, I think it was because of doin too much dope or being a slob or something, but anyway, Maynard and his other roommates got him really drugged, and took him to a park and left him there, to get rid of him, basically. A few days later, Harry called them up and left a message ---that recording being it. it makes sense, because is very pissed off, saying "you really hurt me" and stuff...that story isn't completely accurate, i probably mixed up the details, but thats pretty much what happened. The effect they tried to have with this song was that someone who listens to it, who knows no English or Italian, wouldn't understand the dialoge, and because of the pretty piano music, think its a love song, when really its just the opposite. This reminds me of a quote by fredrick Nietzsche---"Those who cannot hear the music, think the people dancing are insane"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote