View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 02:18 AM   #77
On Probation

Bincount™: 4
Re: What did everyone the beginning noise was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaveXmondaYx
ok this is my theory: i heard people say it sounds kinda like a spaceship and that it also sounds like a film projector , well im thinking that the fact that the guy in Faaip de Oaid mentions aliens(spaceship) and then the little remote(film projector) sound that suggests that the movie(album) has ended which also takes us to what someone else said about how Lateralus compares to a movie , well i dunno sounded good when i thought about it

The same sample is in the song Dirt Ball by Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid, it's about aliens coming to earth. It's the sound of something opening. A hydrolic powered door. (In this case it's an alien space ship/control center). It's not an elevator. They don't make that sound. In the case of Lateralus it depends on what the band wanted it to be. It would make a lot of sense that it be the opening and the last sound on Faaip De Oiad be the closing.

As for the first post, Ticks and Leeches... see the title? ...it's about people who are leeches. ......psychic vampires... people sucking your life force for status/substance. Not about some obsessive fan.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote