View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 AM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/30 - Grenoble, FRA - Summum Theater

Hi colee, Lol, you cant say the hall was too small, a good sound engineer can make good sound in any sized room.
Sure, it wasnt a huge hall, but i saw tool at the olympia in paris back in 2002, and the sound was absolutely flawless. The olympia is a lot smaller than the summom. I also saw them in a huge stadium in antwerp, again the sound was great. If you can make a good mix in a large hall, you can do the same in a small hall. The problem in grenoble was that they were pushing the sub woofers much too much, The job of the sound engineer is to make the best use of the equipment in the hall, and to do that you have to take into account the size, accoustics etc, not just turn everything up until it hits 105 dB on the meters...no matter how bad the accoustics were in that hall, the bass was too loud, simple as that.
I just wonder if justin knows what they're doing to his sound out front...
Having said that, id rather see tool with bad sound than any other band with good sound.

blahblah, yeah saw lots of long haired girls the other night ;-D and yeah, very funny seeing maynard stand up next to danny...
OFFLINE |