View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/30 - Grenoble, FRA - Summum Theater

Hi Colee
you;re probably right about the fact we should;nt complaint about the sound engineer;s (yes thats his fault!) terrible job (except for the drum, he sure knows how to mic a drum!) and it sure was the smallest place I have ever and will ever see Tool, but still, I cant feel 100% satisfied just knowing that for an hour and a half, Keenan and I have breathd the same air.
The concert;s security guards in US might act like the ones working in the U.S airports, but almost everywhere else, it doesn;t work this way. I just learned that the security procedures were orders of Maynard himself. So I,m not blaming anyone else for that. Anyway, thats not the point. When Tool got on stage I automatically forgot everything preeceding the concert! And it sure was ``fun``to get my ass (and every other part of my body except my head and breasts) grabbed by someone who just didnt happend to like the way I look. The girl right behind me looked like a little angel and got few little taps (just like you did).
I was only hoping to hear Keenan;s voice more clearly. The way he sings is just as progressive as the other instruments. But unfortunately, when we were supposed to hear that voice progression (that usually ends up in a long and powerfull scream), all we could hear was the guitar;s high notes, wich really sucks.

None of this really matters you;re right. Yes I criticize the sound;s quality when someone asks me how it SOUNDED, but at the same time, I think and say that it was a really good concert, the kind I;ll always remember and feel nostalgic about.

Kim
OFFLINE |