View Single Post
kcleveland
05-20-2007, 05:56 AM

The completely differing opinions of the show from the above posts are interesting. The crowd was great, loud, appreciative, nothing stupid like junk thrown on stage. The band was AWESOME!! Maynard's vocals were outstanding - I could hear him better than the previous shouws I've been at...Ft. Worth, Dallas, SMU, then in 2002....

RIght In Two was so great, Rosetta, Wings, 10k, all perfect. The beginning Jambi, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Schism all were so cool - the band of course was tight and clear and Maynard seemed to be totally into it even with some primal screams. I was thinking "this is the best TOOL show I've seen"......then it ended!?!?

Obvisoulsy they have determined that they will be on stage for two hours. The exact same two hour time frame in Fort Worth and everywhere else got 10 minutes of Vicarious and complete Aenema.... The between songs ambience noise and intros and for some reason a brutally long Lost Keys are actually pretty cool but by no means should that replace VICARIOUS and Aenema!!!!!!!!!

I love this band and their music and very glad to have seen them 4 times this year but my wife, son, and I spent over $300 bucks last night in tickets, gasoline, food, took off work early, etc and that is kind of bullshit to get 9 freaking songs. See I don't do drugs, I'm not high or drunk so the trippy intros are a complete waste of valuable time cutting into the two hour concert.

COme on guys, you are the best rock musicians on the planet! Your music, sound and production are incredible and you deserve many thanks. PLAY!!! To think that we are watching Adam and Justin bent down on the stage messing with sounds, boards, pedals, etc, Maynard standing behind a keyboard, and Danny sitting there instead of experiencing TOOL MUSIC like Pushit, Grudge, The Pot, Vicarious, Aenema, or whatever is very very sad!

Maynard do you still promote "thinking for yourself, question authority?" Well in the music/entertainment world TOOL is my authority and I have a question....."WHY WON'T YOU P-L-A-Y TOOL MUSIC?" The actual songs from last night were so great! Great chance for a lifetime experience dashed by time wasting and filler moments. I respect you guys so much and that is quite honestly a bit disrespectful back to the hardworking people who attend.

Come back through and let's try again! :-)
Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

The completely differing opinions of the show from the above posts are interesting. The crowd was great, loud, appreciative, nothing stupid like junk thrown on stage. The band was AWESOME!! Maynard's vocals were outstanding - I could hear him better than the previous shouws I've been at...Ft. Worth, Dallas, SMU, then in 2002....

RIght In Two was so great, Rosetta, Wings, 10k, all perfect. The beginning Jambi, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Schism all were so cool - the band of course was tight and clear and Maynard seemed to be totally into it even with some primal screams. I was thinking "this is the best TOOL show I've seen"......then it ended!?!?

Obvisoulsy they have determined that they will be on stage for two hours. The exact same two hour time frame in Fort Worth and everywhere else got 10 minutes of Vicarious and complete Aenema.... The between songs ambience noise and intros and for some reason a brutally long Lost Keys are actually pretty cool but by no means should that replace VICARIOUS and Aenema!!!!!!!!!

I love this band and their music and very glad to have seen them 4 times this year but my wife, son, and I spent over $300 bucks last night in tickets, gasoline, food, took off work early, etc and that is kind of bullshit to get 9 freaking songs. See I don't do drugs, I'm not high or drunk so the trippy intros are a complete waste of valuable time cutting into the two hour concert.

COme on guys, you are the best rock musicians on the planet! Your music, sound and production are incredible and you deserve many thanks. PLAY!!! To think that we are watching Adam and Justin bent down on the stage messing with sounds, boards, pedals, etc, Maynard standing behind a keyboard, and Danny sitting there instead of experiencing TOOL MUSIC like Pushit, Grudge, The Pot, Vicarious, Aenema, or whatever is very very sad!

Maynard do you still promote "thinking for yourself, question authority?" Well in the music/entertainment world TOOL is my authority and I have a question....."WHY WON'T YOU P-L-A-Y TOOL MUSIC?" The actual songs from last night were so great! Great chance for a lifetime experience dashed by time wasting and filler moments. I respect you guys so much and that is quite honestly a bit disrespectful back to the hardworking people who attend.

Come back through and let's try again! :-)
OFFLINE |