View Single Post
Mr. Todd
05-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Just got back to my brother's house in Norman..

Saddened by the shortened setlist, but still in awe of the overall show. Kinski seemed well enough received. Tool took the stage a bit earlier than I expected based on the 9pm to 11pm schedule they seemed to have been keeping. Maynard was more talkative it seemed, and really seemed more into it.

Fight occurred 5 rows behind me. Girl and guy on two other guys. Painful irony as they were led away in handcuffs the lights went down. Girl behind us, couldn't have been over 17 passed out three songs in. During the intermission, a very large, very intoxicated girl (who my wife and I wagered wouldn't make it down the stairs without falling) did just that, and managed to land at the feet of an OKC police officer, who promptly led her away for PI.

It had been 10 long years since I had seen Tool live.. Still the greatest concert experience I have ever been a part of.

Jambi was a decent opener, with the highlights for me being Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10,000 Days, and Lateralus.. that and exposing my wife to Tool live..

Quck note about the fight... two guys were arguing, girl was trying to get over her boy's back to get involved.. Guys come to blows, girl jumps in as well. From the get-go didn't see anyone hit the girl until she totally lit into the one guy. Would not wanted to have tangled with her, she would have kicked this old man's ass..

Todd

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Just got back to my brother's house in Norman..

Saddened by the shortened setlist, but still in awe of the overall show. Kinski seemed well enough received. Tool took the stage a bit earlier than I expected based on the 9pm to 11pm schedule they seemed to have been keeping. Maynard was more talkative it seemed, and really seemed more into it.

Fight occurred 5 rows behind me. Girl and guy on two other guys. Painful irony as they were led away in handcuffs the lights went down. Girl behind us, couldn't have been over 17 passed out three songs in. During the intermission, a very large, very intoxicated girl (who my wife and I wagered wouldn't make it down the stairs without falling) did just that, and managed to land at the feet of an OKC police officer, who promptly led her away for PI.

It had been 10 long years since I had seen Tool live.. Still the greatest concert experience I have ever been a part of.

Jambi was a decent opener, with the highlights for me being Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10,000 Days, and Lateralus.. that and exposing my wife to Tool live..

Quck note about the fight... two guys were arguing, girl was trying to get over her boy's back to get involved.. Guys come to blows, girl jumps in as well. From the get-go didn't see anyone hit the girl until she totally lit into the one guy. Would not wanted to have tangled with her, she would have kicked this old man's ass..

Todd

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:14 AM..
OFFLINE |