View Single Post
chodaboy
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardhanarishvara
chodaboy, i hardly consider your original post to be constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha
Granted I did use a lot of Internet slang, I still pointed out that there is something strange about a lot of the songs. Music being recycled, some of the drums missing, and so on.

I really wanted them to pull it off. It is something that is totally like them. However, they may have just grown tired of all of that and just released the album. I would blame Blair mostly for this whole thing. If his newsletters weren't so god damned cryptic, I don't think there would be so much confusion.

Ya, by the way. Have you seen others posts on this forum? There are a ton of assholes. There the ones that say, "FUCK YOU!" "YOU SHOULD DIE". The best one is, the whole idea if you don't like the album you shouldn't be on this forum.

My post is genius compared to them.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #123
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10,000 Days Leak Comedy Gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardhanarishvara
chodaboy, i hardly consider your original post to be constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha
Granted I did use a lot of Internet slang, I still pointed out that there is something strange about a lot of the songs. Music being recycled, some of the drums missing, and so on.

I really wanted them to pull it off. It is something that is totally like them. However, they may have just grown tired of all of that and just released the album. I would blame Blair mostly for this whole thing. If his newsletters weren't so god damned cryptic, I don't think there would be so much confusion.

Ya, by the way. Have you seen others posts on this forum? There are a ton of assholes. There the ones that say, "FUCK YOU!" "YOU SHOULD DIE". The best one is, the whole idea if you don't like the album you shouldn't be on this forum.

My post is genius compared to them.