View Single Post
Mattrogesis
05-02-2007, 04:18 PM

There is always many ways to look at the evidence of what occurred in Reno. It could be signs of a band deteriorating. It could be a bad night. Either way, for some of us who have seen the band play since 95, it was a little disturbing to see. It makes you realize that these people are human, and that they are subject to conditions on the road.
When TOOL almost broke up before Lateralus, nobody had a clue. They could be having a tough time now, and nobody would know. I can say that there was definately a vibe at the show that was really negative and strange. Maynard was a blackhole that night.
But then again, Reno, from my estimation, is a shitty town. I come from a shitty town (sacramento), so i know. The energy was weird that night.

As far as them not being as experiemental with set lists as they used to be, it is expected. When you're in a band, you actually start disliking a lot of what you've written, and don't consider it that good. This could be the case with TOOL. Maybe they don't think half the stuff on Undertow is any good anymore, so they don't play it. I know that happens sometimes with songs. All i know is that in seeing them 10 times in 12 years, ive seen every song off of all their albums, except a few from Opiate and a couple from Undertow. Meaning, that they actually DO play all their stuff from their albums over time. Many bands never do that. I've seen 3 10K Days concerts since the album came out, and guess what, I've seen every song peformed. Some luck out this way, some don't.

I was bummed to see a TOOL show where Maynard was sick or not into it. First time I've noticed it. I hope it was just a bad show, and not a sign of thier decline. We're passionate about this band, and don't want to endure some catastrophic "fall" from such a unique and powerful group. But it usually does happen eventually to all great bands.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

There is always many ways to look at the evidence of what occurred in Reno. It could be signs of a band deteriorating. It could be a bad night. Either way, for some of us who have seen the band play since 95, it was a little disturbing to see. It makes you realize that these people are human, and that they are subject to conditions on the road.
When TOOL almost broke up before Lateralus, nobody had a clue. They could be having a tough time now, and nobody would know. I can say that there was definately a vibe at the show that was really negative and strange. Maynard was a blackhole that night.
But then again, Reno, from my estimation, is a shitty town. I come from a shitty town (sacramento), so i know. The energy was weird that night.

As far as them not being as experiemental with set lists as they used to be, it is expected. When you're in a band, you actually start disliking a lot of what you've written, and don't consider it that good. This could be the case with TOOL. Maybe they don't think half the stuff on Undertow is any good anymore, so they don't play it. I know that happens sometimes with songs. All i know is that in seeing them 10 times in 12 years, ive seen every song off of all their albums, except a few from Opiate and a couple from Undertow. Meaning, that they actually DO play all their stuff from their albums over time. Many bands never do that. I've seen 3 10K Days concerts since the album came out, and guess what, I've seen every song peformed. Some luck out this way, some don't.

I was bummed to see a TOOL show where Maynard was sick or not into it. First time I've noticed it. I hope it was just a bad show, and not a sign of thier decline. We're passionate about this band, and don't want to endure some catastrophic "fall" from such a unique and powerful group. But it usually does happen eventually to all great bands.
OFFLINE |