View Single Post
MONKEYGIRL
05-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Why does everyone think that the crowd roared for the idiot who climbed on stage? I yelled when they tackled his stupid ass and drug him off stage. Maynard was singing a song that he wrote for his mom and some dumb ass decides to ruin the mood. Ya- he through a fit- but that is HIS stage.
I come from a musical family and my father had toured for many years. He is extremely talented and he could have continued to tour but at some point you start wanting to play for yourself not everyone else. It is difficult to play the same stuff over and over and over when you know that no matter what you do SOMEONE will complain. We are the people who got the band where they are and they are still giving us great music but they are real people with real lives and feelings. Look at the lifestyle you have to lead for all of those years touring and beating the shit out of your body and especially your voice. I know what you all are going to say-we all paid a lot of money to see them, and we did see them, and they were awesome!!!!
The band is slowly changing. Maynard isn't the angry man he used to be. He is an educated 43 year old father and awesome musician who has been through some really tough times in his life. I am a newer listener (last 6 or so years) and when I listen to some of the older stuff I can see such a huge difference in every part of the band. He is coming to terms with many things that have haunted him in his past. His energy is completely different. Remember- the music is the same it's the words that are different from time to time. The music and the sound still gives you the feeling. Maynard has an unbelievable voice and it is his voice that makes Tool what they are. No other lead singer could replace him and no matter how bad people might think he sounds it still sounds awesome. Live shows are supposed to a little different and like someone else stated- if you want to hear exactly what is on the CD then stay home and listen to it on your CD player.

We set such high standards for the band and we know that no matter what we get it is better than anything else out there. Of course I felt like I wanted to hear more. I could have listened to them for 8 hours and felt like it wasn't enough. These guys have a long way to go on this tour still and I will continue to support the tour and the effort that the band puts out. I would spend the money to see them over and over and over again because the music, too short, not enough lyrics or whatever, still gets inside me and makes the hair on body stand on end. Their music is supposed to motivate us and move us and it still does!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Why does everyone think that the crowd roared for the idiot who climbed on stage? I yelled when they tackled his stupid ass and drug him off stage. Maynard was singing a song that he wrote for his mom and some dumb ass decides to ruin the mood. Ya- he through a fit- but that is HIS stage.
I come from a musical family and my father had toured for many years. He is extremely talented and he could have continued to tour but at some point you start wanting to play for yourself not everyone else. It is difficult to play the same stuff over and over and over when you know that no matter what you do SOMEONE will complain. We are the people who got the band where they are and they are still giving us great music but they are real people with real lives and feelings. Look at the lifestyle you have to lead for all of those years touring and beating the shit out of your body and especially your voice. I know what you all are going to say-we all paid a lot of money to see them, and we did see them, and they were awesome!!!!
The band is slowly changing. Maynard isn't the angry man he used to be. He is an educated 43 year old father and awesome musician who has been through some really tough times in his life. I am a newer listener (last 6 or so years) and when I listen to some of the older stuff I can see such a huge difference in every part of the band. He is coming to terms with many things that have haunted him in his past. His energy is completely different. Remember- the music is the same it's the words that are different from time to time. The music and the sound still gives you the feeling. Maynard has an unbelievable voice and it is his voice that makes Tool what they are. No other lead singer could replace him and no matter how bad people might think he sounds it still sounds awesome. Live shows are supposed to a little different and like someone else stated- if you want to hear exactly what is on the CD then stay home and listen to it on your CD player.

We set such high standards for the band and we know that no matter what we get it is better than anything else out there. Of course I felt like I wanted to hear more. I could have listened to them for 8 hours and felt like it wasn't enough. These guys have a long way to go on this tour still and I will continue to support the tour and the effort that the band puts out. I would spend the money to see them over and over and over again because the music, too short, not enough lyrics or whatever, still gets inside me and makes the hair on body stand on end. Their music is supposed to motivate us and move us and it still does!!!!
OFFLINE |