View Single Post
tokeepmyself
05-02-2007, 11:27 AM

I can see why TOOL chose that particular band to open for them...their spectacular guitar (and other noises) put me in a trance like state and ready for TOOL. Unfortunately, the long break in between bands brought me back to reality. While watching the crowd I realized how diverse TOOL crowds actually are. Amazing. And then it was time for TOOL. The setlist short, but awesome. The bass reverberating through me during Right in Two was powerful. I'm looking forward to seeing them play that song live again. I had secretly been hoping that Maynard would be willing to sing Wings for Judith/ 10,000 Days, but was doubtful. I was pleasantly surprised. Justin, Adam, and Danny all had spotlights on them, Maynard was the only one in the dark. Understandable. It was intensely emotional. RIP Judith. And then the unspeakable happened...an idiot rushed the stage towards the end of 10,000 Days. Off all the songs to rush the stage on...I mean if your heart is set on rushing the stage, could you have chosen a song where Maynard isn't singing about his mother passing away?! Have some respect! Or perhaps you just don't get it. My apologies, Maynard, for the stupidity of others. Again, understandable that Maynard would stop singing. It was a sad moment. I'm unsure to what extent that idiot impacted the rest of the show, but it's clear that he affected it in a negative way. It was difficult to let go of that interruption. Thank you TOOL for another intense experience.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

I can see why TOOL chose that particular band to open for them...their spectacular guitar (and other noises) put me in a trance like state and ready for TOOL. Unfortunately, the long break in between bands brought me back to reality. While watching the crowd I realized how diverse TOOL crowds actually are. Amazing. And then it was time for TOOL. The setlist short, but awesome. The bass reverberating through me during Right in Two was powerful. I'm looking forward to seeing them play that song live again. I had secretly been hoping that Maynard would be willing to sing Wings for Judith/ 10,000 Days, but was doubtful. I was pleasantly surprised. Justin, Adam, and Danny all had spotlights on them, Maynard was the only one in the dark. Understandable. It was intensely emotional. RIP Judith. And then the unspeakable happened...an idiot rushed the stage towards the end of 10,000 Days. Off all the songs to rush the stage on...I mean if your heart is set on rushing the stage, could you have chosen a song where Maynard isn't singing about his mother passing away?! Have some respect! Or perhaps you just don't get it. My apologies, Maynard, for the stupidity of others. Again, understandable that Maynard would stop singing. It was a sad moment. I'm unsure to what extent that idiot impacted the rest of the show, but it's clear that he affected it in a negative way. It was difficult to let go of that interruption. Thank you TOOL for another intense experience.
OFFLINE |