View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:12 AM   #64
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

I know this is a bit late, but I needed some time to compile my thoughts.

JUST FUCKING GREAT............................................. .

I saw them a few times.

Lollapalooza in 99, Was way to tired and stoned at that point of the show.

Lat tour Halloween 2001. Tripping my head off on shrooms.......along with really bad seats. (Left of the stage where the band walks up to the stage.) The Speaker Stack was blocking Adam during this show and I was unable to see the visuals....:(

This show....... Sec 124 row 19 perfect angle to the stage and the sound was the best I have ever heard in a larger venue. I thought the band was so tight and dead on which made the experience even better. You never want to see a band mess their own material up.

My legs were killing me and I was not even jumping around. I think I thought I was Maynard with my movements.

Yes I was stoned for this show, but was not tired.

What made this show even better was that SEC 124 Row 19 seat 3 & 4 were not used or purchased by anyone. So I had three seats to stand up and really spread out.

Now back to the music. Forty-six & two was sick. I play it on my guitar and I know how it feels when you get to curtain parts of that song. So when I was watching them perform one of the top 5 songs that TOOL has ever composed I was in complete awe.

Maynard seemed to be into the crowd. He seems to really connect with the crowd. At some parts of the show it actually looked like he was having FUN....
Not sure if he was like at any other shows.

Well I wish I was able to make the Long Island show, but I had a stupid Wedding to attend.

BTW the couple that occupied SEAT 1 & 2 was about 50 years old. I thought it was great. The guy was the one that loved TOOL and he dragged his WIFE or Girl Friend to the show. He loved life.

Looking forward to SPRING of 2007. I want to record the next show.

I need something to preserve the essense of a LIVE TOOL show.
OFFLINE |