View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #57
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

I got floor tickets for this show. Section 5 row H. To the guy in the King Diamond jacket a few rows ahead of me: it was pretty cool seeing you so into the songs and knowing all the lyrics.

Isis was 10 times better at this show than at Camden. Dont know if it was the EQ or the setlist, but they were much more bearable. Could still do without the screaming and motions. Damn shame I didnt notice Justin head up to join them.

Tool was mixed a lot better as well. Still missing a bit of definition on the drums and bass, but at least it wasnt only treble. For some reason the side screens were only on for The Pot, Schism, and the encore. Maynard seemed more into it, even dancing and swinging his cowboy hat over his head during the heavy part in Jambi.
Danny was spot-on as usual. Adam doing his thing, and Justin was really into it.

"Jersey. How ya fuckin doin?"

Stinkfist was great, much better than at Camden. The crowd still gets confused for the extended part haha. The Pot and Forty Six & 2 got the crowd going. Adam had a sweet synth intro into Forty Six & 2.

A bunch of tools decided to rush into our section and row, ruining most of Jambi. Security was a bitch too, but at least they got the guy who was standing right in front of me blocking my view. They caught a taper mid-way into the show (it was a video-taper too, damn).

Seems like the slow jam before Schism could possibly be some new material? It was funny seeing Adam strum off time for a part of it. Of course the double-time section in Schism was sweet, and was a suprise for everyone around me.

LK/Rosetta Stoned was pretty much spot on compared to the studio track (sans the voice overdub, of course). Danny was doing some cool synth thing in Lost Keys.

Wings pt 1 & 2 was spectacular. Much better than Camden. Everyone around me was into it and in awe of the laser/fog clouds. No one was talking (which was a change from Camden). Some guy was screaming "stand up" referring to Justin on the stool. What a tool.

Group hug, lighters, chill moment.

"Cleveland was louder...[crowd goes nuts]...WAS louder....not anymore.

JERSEY! How ya fuckin doin?

Dont listen to me, Im on acid......sorry, antacid. Stomach problems."

Lateralus was so amazing. Everyone was digging the visuals.

Ambient intro to Vicarious as usual. Justins solo was great.

"New York tomorrow. Thank you very much!- whats done is done - peace out!"

Everyone in the arena went nuts and sang along to Ænema.

What a show, almost as much energy as the Tower Theatre show, but this was the tightest so far this year. City Center had more crowd-singing, but Id say this show was a little better.

As soon as Tool walked off, I made my way to the stage. I asked a roadie for Adam's setlist (which was taped on the floor right next to his pedalboard), but the roadie was too lazy to go get it. He gave me one of Adam's picks though! Sweet as hell.

My friend and I then waited outside the tour buses for almost an hour. Either the band was already on the buses, still in the venue, in other buses parked under the arena, or the tour crew was telling the truth. They said the band took a limo to the airport and flew to New York.

If they had changed the setlist, this would have been my favorite show. Otherwise, Tower Theatre was a little better. Still a 9/10.

Peace the FUCK out!
Atlanta, GA - 7/27/09 | Fairfax, VA - 7/30/09
All Points West, NJ - 8/01/09
Kansas City, MO - 6/25/10 | St. Louis, MO - 6/26/10
Sacramento, CA - 7/13/10
OFFLINE |