View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #59
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Took me a while to post some thoughts on the concert last night but the evening is still very fresh in my mind! I have been attending "rock shows" since I was 14 years old (many years ago) and hundreds of shows. I continue to attend but it is very difficult to impress me unless everything is perfect....the band, the music, the setlist, the stage performance, and most importantly...the sound has to be cyrstal clear. If just one of the previous criteria are missing then it is a bad, waste of time/money concert.

Well...Tool at AAC last night EXCEEDED every aspect and was probably the best show I have ever seen. I was so excited prior to the concert as I have seen Tool a few times in the past including this year's McFarlin Auditorium gig. This time however my 16 year old son and my wife attended and I so wanted "things" to be perfect since I had been telling them that Tool was awesome live for so long.

This week hits and BAM - my wife gets pneumonia and Maynard gets sick and the Houston show and of course San Antonio's postponement lead me to think BAD thoughts.

Maynard erased those concerns singing the first verse of Stinkfist...my wife immediately pushed her ills aside and everything simply got better and better!!

Our seats were AWESOME thanks to my buddy (The Hostels), the sound was crystal clear and incredible allowing us to fully appreciate the musicianship of Tool. The visuals and stage of course were bigger than life yet no at all overpowering the guys in the band. The setlist was near perfect (add Eulogy or The Grudge) and MAYNARD absolutely was completely "on" and powerful. Kudos to him for his toughness in getting out there being sick and then proceeding to blow us away!

Adam one of the greatest guitarist ever plus easily the most intelligent. Justin one of the greatest bassist ever and powerful presence on stage. Danny....o.k. he is now squeeked by Neil Peart as the best drummer ever...Danny's percussion is unbelievable and perfect at all times. Then Maynard simply has it all! Thank you for the INCREDIBLE night.

And by the way, my wife and son made a special trip to Maynard's Vineyard this summer and suprised me by bringing some wine all the way back to Dallas! How cool is that???? Next glass I have will be a toast to TOOL for everything!

Spiral Out.

KC
OFFLINE |