View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #56
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Id just like to chime in and say what a unbelievable show this was. This was my 4th time seeing them and the performance was not disappointing. They seemed to play louder and heavier and the way they changed up their songs, even the small changes, was beautliful. I always enjoy the extended Stinkfist, really loved the fast breakdown of Schism when adam walked nearly in front of danny and they were both just straight jamming the intros to some songs was great as well! Even though Maynard did mess up a couple times it didnt make a difference, he owned every one of those songs and he was backed up flawlessly by his band mates. Also I can safely say that Ive never seen an encore with 3 songs, esp with the length of lateralus, vicarious and the unexpected aenima. I was laughing at the ppl that started leaving after lateralus when maynard said "Bye" only to have to rush back in when vicarious started. The new album sounded amazing live and have to thank them for really presenting 10,000 days well, full of emotion. I took a friend of mine who never really listens to TOOL but was eager to go. After each song he would say "goddamn" like he was blown away. Heres to counting down another 5 yrs so that I can see them again. Its fucking worth it.
TOOL=Music=Life
OFFLINE |