View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 06:57 AM   #49
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

First off, let me just say that this was my 4th TOOL show and was not disappointed at all!! We, being my wife, bro and stepson, got to the venue about 6 and waited outside for a bit, just chilling.

Got in, got our merch (got the ISIS octopus shirt which totally kicks ass), grabbed some pizzas and off to the seats. I don't know how many of you were on my side, but the guy that kept yelling was drunk off his ass before we even got in the venue! Good times!! That dude ended up by us in 112 and would start the pre-show yelling to get the crowd going, got to admit, it worked! As soon as ISIS took the stage, the place erupted and I'm sure the boys in the band were pretty stoked about it. They don't talk on stage hardly, do they? And why should they, just let the music do the talking, right? Totally blown away!! I think their new cd is going to do really well from being on this tour. Although, there were a lot of meatheads in the crowd too. Some jock types and just general posers were all around too. I guess you gotta expect it at these big ass arena shows. At one point during TOOL a lot of people were sitting down around us! WTF? I don't get why people pay good money to come to a concert and then just sit the fuck down. Baffles the mind. On to the setlist.

Stinkfist sounded really strong and I liked the maynardism after it: "F.Y.I. I'm still sick, but I'm here, so suck my dick!" Gotta love MJK! The weed smoke in the arena was just all over! I'm not complaining in any way, but I think my stepson had a good buzz going and didn't even know it! Next was The Pot, aptly timed I'd say! The crowd was into it big time, well except the posers who didn't know any words! Next was 46 & 2, if I'm correct in the order of things. I loved the new keyboard intro. It seemed like they were on the experimental side a bit last night, which is always welcome. Next up was Jambi, which totally kills live! I just love the solo from Adam on this one. I love how he got the spotlight for just a moment. I can't remember if it was before schism or not, but they did some halloween sounding droney music as a segue which sounded really evil and cool.
Next up is what I think is the mother lode! Rosetta with the LK intro and the visuals they had on this one were really cool, not really what I expected from reading the newsletter. It seemed like the guy was running down the road but looked like he was in front of a green screen. Still really cool though and all the alien images and the pyramids, really trippy stuff! After they tore through that, I was thinking "come on wings!!!" and sure enough, there it was! I just had this feeling that they would break it out for us since we were the final date of the plagued Tejas run for the boys. I gotta say, I was really moved by watching the boys play this!!! They absolutely killed it! We were very blessed to get this song!! When the boys took their break, you knew that they were loving it!! I know I'm hoarse from yelling so much, especially at this point! Next up was Lateralus and I absolutely love this track. This show was full of highlights and Lateralus is just one of their best songs period! Feel this moment!! After this was Vicarious and I think that some of the visuals were probably from the forthcoming video, but who knows at this point if the video will ever see a release officially. Finally, we have Aenema! I love how MJK changed the lyrics to "got to piss" instead of "learn to swim", gotta love his comedic sense! All in all the show was killer and nothing short of impressive!! I really love the new visuals they put together for this tour. It seems like they revamped a lot from the mini tour. I love how TOOL remain to be a band that can't really be touched by any other band out there. No one does it like TOOL and I'm very fuckin proud to be a TOOL fan! Thanks for the killer show guys!! No La Grange, but fuck it, we got Wings/10,000 days baby!!!!

Yeah, some jackass by us in section 112 threw a beer over us too, dripping on us. Why do fuckheads go to shows? Can't they just stay home and jerk each other off and swallow?

You guys that sat that close to the stage are lucky!! Me being short (5'-7"), I always end up getting the tall fucks in front of me, every show! Oh well, I still had a blast!!!

Very tired today at work while I type this!! :)
OFFLINE |