View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 AM   #48
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosenesque View Post
I'd like to add a couple more things...

For the record, Justin plays Wings/10k Days with a pick. He does not use his fingers like some have previously claimed. Well, at least live he uses a pick.
TO those who think they were thinking about playing RIGHT IN TWO...you might be right, but I seriously doubt they would play a 4 song encore, especially since they haven't played a 4 song encore at ANY show in 2006. I guess we'll never know.

I THINK the visuals shown during Vicarious might be from the music video for the song. Obviously I'm not sure of this.
The guy I was with managed the setlist and Right in Two was not on it. They played the setlist exactly as it was printed.

I won't spend too much time on a review, a lot of people have already posted their thoughts. Going back and listening to a recording of the show confirms what I thought during the show. Maynard was as tight as he has been in recent years. He will likely never regain his power from pre-1998 however, this was the best show I have seen since. My 8th show and this was likely #3 in terms of overall performance. Justin continues to amaze me, and this time Danny did not steal the show like he did earlier this year at McFarlin. Adam was certainly much better than the mini-tour as was Maynard. Justin and Danny are consistent every single night, you just can't improve upon what they do it seems.

Here are the real quotes so people can stop misquoting:

"F...Y...I... I'm still sick, but I'm here"

"What's up Texas. I'm not from, sorry."

"Let's make this quick I have to piss. I'm not kidding. I'm gonna do half a song then I gotta go. I have to return some video tapes"

"Goodnight."

"Seriously now. I have to piss. I have to piss so bad that if I let it go it'll be like hell's flood in here. I assume you all read your ticket; it said no cameras, but bring an arc in case Maynard pisses"

Then of course the changed up Aenema lyrics. I was laughing my ass off.

I think he really did have to take a piss because he darted off stage when the other members hugged.

Overall the performance was nothing less than stellar. Thanks Tool!

Next time let's hear some Undertow/Aenima songs that we haven't heard in a while. (Undertow, 4 degrees, Flood, Eulogy, Jimmy, Pushit, Third Eye, or H. would be great)

Chad
OFFLINE |