View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

fuckbrokers obviously wasnt at the same show as the rest of us :) and why so much hostility man?? like you said its only a couple of rock songs, quit your bitching, no one here wants to hear negative bullshit, and besides, music effects different people in different ways, so witness the beauty however u may and we will all do the same........and all i have to say for this show - GODDAMN. Isis to begin with was great. I hadnt really listned to much of their music, but they do a great job especially live. one of the band members switches between a keyboard and a guitar, added to 2 other guitars, bass, and drums. they do sing but really its a lot of cool instrumental ambiences that surge up and down. i suggest making it to the show early to see them......

on to TOOL.....

these guys are ridiculous. my third show personally and they never fail to bring it. wings/10,000 days is definitly one of their greatest live songs. of course on CD its great, but you have to see them play it live to really do the song justice. same with rosetta, and when they played Lateralus, you could just feel the entire arena bursting with an explosion of energy. i was inspired. Stinkfist, one of my favorites, its a great opener in my opinion, they could open with that every time and i would be happy. great setlist, especially with the new songs from 10,000 days.

Justin is a wicked bass player. Adam shreds (he does a lot of cool shit live that u cant really get on a recording also, his guitar powers into each new song/segment like a macheti just chopping ahead thru silence!). Danny is probably the best drummer ive ever seen, hands down. and he doesnt even flinch!! and maynard, well fuck its maynard. he was great sick or not (didnt seem too sick, but he mentioned he was), and i do believe he sang every note of every song and very well i might add. FUCKIN TOOL

ok i was in section 105 just to the right of the stage and i was doing my thing, rockin out.......about halfway thru 10,000 days some fucking idiot chunked a beer from i guess the second level and it fucking hit me, and a few other people around me as well. what an ass hole. i had no desire to even try to look around to see who it was (since like i said it was mid 10,000 days), but who does that?!?! especially when a beer cost 7 dollars. dipshit. i got my satisfaction as seconds later maynard broke out with "ignorant fibbers in the congregation...." different meaning but still worked for me. spare me.

all in all, other than the beer throwing dumbass from the second level section, there is nothing negative whatsover that can be said about this show in my opinion. they came, we saw, THEY ROCKED OUR ASS. If only there could be more fine musicians like this nowdays......guess we better get to work!!

spiral out motherfucks~

ONE MORE THING.....

the spaced out intro to Vicarious....awsome! i really had no idea where it was headed then suddenly here comes Adam with his blade......

the "intension"-esque intro they expiramented with as well, very cool

AND maynard is sick, probably been drinking a lot of fluids, i think he was serious about his pissing business :)

Last edited by JamesDavid4th; 09-15-2006 at 06:11 AM..
OFFLINE |