Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
07-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Any new news? It's been very quiet in here.

I spoke with Blair via email last night about a Tool rumour that made it's way onto Facebook (almost certainly a hoax) and he didn't have much to say except that they're still writing, and getting together (sans Maynard) about 4 days a week at the moment. I suspect they're on the home stretch as far as songwriting goes, but it's anyone's guess at this stage.

As to the future of Tool, I don't think Maynard or Adam having kids is any significat barrier to them going forward. There may be some short term pain as thye are infants, but considering they seem to indulge themselves in life in between albums as it is, I don't think kids will make a huge difference to their careers. They certainly aren't the first, and won't be the last band to work around family commitments.

I think I've said it before, but I don't buy into the "last album" arguments. I doubt anyone in the band gives that concept much thought. They will (presumably) finish this album, do some touring, and then 5 years down the track work out if they want to go around again.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #1297
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Any new news? It's been very quiet in here.

I spoke with Blair via email last night about a Tool rumour that made it's way onto Facebook (almost certainly a hoax) and he didn't have much to say except that they're still writing, and getting together (sans Maynard) about 4 days a week at the moment. I suspect they're on the home stretch as far as songwriting goes, but it's anyone's guess at this stage.

As to the future of Tool, I don't think Maynard or Adam having kids is any significat barrier to them going forward. There may be some short term pain as thye are infants, but considering they seem to indulge themselves in life in between albums as it is, I don't think kids will make a huge difference to their careers. They certainly aren't the first, and won't be the last band to work around family commitments.

I think I've said it before, but I don't buy into the "last album" arguments. I doubt anyone in the band gives that concept much thought. They will (presumably) finish this album, do some touring, and then 5 years down the track work out if they want to go around again.