View Single Post
Captain Trips
03-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Uh. Dont mind admitting it. This was my first Tool show since my very first show in 1993. It was a festival set in 1993, so not a full journey. In fact, it was only recently that i found out where this band had gone with their careers. Im serious. About 3 months ago i got this urge to hear Tool again. I listened to Undertow. Same great album. Bottom is still very moving. So then i moved on to aenima. I remembered this one pretty well. Had a friend who played it all the time. but definitely didn't give the chance i should have back then. It would have been right up my alley, had i known the lyrics. So there i was with 2 albums behind me and thoroughly enjoying the idea of pouring through the next two, which i had NEVER heard. I was going to just put on headphones each night and pick my way through them. Uh....do i even have to talk about what happened next? I can't even imagine what kept Lateralus out of my head for this many years. I love music. It is where i go to scrape the world off of my shoe. I must have been on another planet because i know it was a big deal. I saw the merch everywhere. But I had no idea what they had become. I was so so impressed...and excited. Then i see it. the announcement for the Portland show! Im just going to have to say my head was in the flow of the river of unknown knowns, with this one. (more likely, is that i subconsciously had been seeing ads for months.)

The Portland show was great for me, though I really would have loved to get that Opiate from the next night. But i wouldn't have given up a 3rd Eye opener for anything. I did go to a different plane as a result of Pushit and some local BHO, i don't recall Intention at all.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: March 6th - Portland

Uh. Dont mind admitting it. This was my first Tool show since my very first show in 1993. It was a festival set in 1993, so not a full journey. In fact, it was only recently that i found out where this band had gone with their careers. Im serious. About 3 months ago i got this urge to hear Tool again. I listened to Undertow. Same great album. Bottom is still very moving. So then i moved on to aenima. I remembered this one pretty well. Had a friend who played it all the time. but definitely didn't give the chance i should have back then. It would have been right up my alley, had i known the lyrics. So there i was with 2 albums behind me and thoroughly enjoying the idea of pouring through the next two, which i had NEVER heard. I was going to just put on headphones each night and pick my way through them. Uh....do i even have to talk about what happened next? I can't even imagine what kept Lateralus out of my head for this many years. I love music. It is where i go to scrape the world off of my shoe. I must have been on another planet because i know it was a big deal. I saw the merch everywhere. But I had no idea what they had become. I was so so impressed...and excited. Then i see it. the announcement for the Portland show! Im just going to have to say my head was in the flow of the river of unknown knowns, with this one. (more likely, is that i subconsciously had been seeing ads for months.)

The Portland show was great for me, though I really would have loved to get that Opiate from the next night. But i wouldn't have given up a 3rd Eye opener for anything. I did go to a different plane as a result of Pushit and some local BHO, i don't recall Intention at all.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote