View Single Post
Prem Kala's Avatar Prem Kala
02-11-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Squiggle View Post
Hey Prem, great story, are you sure no substances were involved?
I don't do drugs and when I did I didn't for very long.

Psychedelics are one way to break through the limits set by the mind (temporarily).. But its also possible to break these limits by other means than substances.

The key is to simply watch the mind, body, and emotions.Watch how the mind functions and what it's holding onto. Watch its reactions to situations, see the roots of where those reactions are coming from and see its tendences. No need to suppress thoughts and emotions, but just watch them come and go. Nothing really has to be done with much effort. Over time it can be seen that the mind actually projects a lot of past experiences and ideas into everyday life and the present moment. The past, ideas given by others, and simply being too caught up in external stimuli all create limits. Once there is light to see into the minds tendencies and limits, the limits just naturally disperse. The art of watching is like brushing away dust from a mirror until it is clean. Over time one will be able to see what is hidden underneith the dust and can become sensitive to sounds, feelings, etc.

Joy and bliss begin to happen when the past and expectations are dropped and there is acceptance of whatever to happen.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Squiggle View Post
Hey Prem, great story, are you sure no substances were involved?
I don't do drugs and when I did I didn't for very long.

Psychedelics are one way to break through the limits set by the mind (temporarily).. But its also possible to break these limits by other means than substances.

The key is to simply watch the mind, body, and emotions.Watch how the mind functions and what it's holding onto. Watch its reactions to situations, see the roots of where those reactions are coming from and see its tendences. No need to suppress thoughts and emotions, but just watch them come and go. Nothing really has to be done with much effort. Over time it can be seen that the mind actually projects a lot of past experiences and ideas into everyday life and the present moment. The past, ideas given by others, and simply being too caught up in external stimuli all create limits. Once there is light to see into the minds tendencies and limits, the limits just naturally disperse. The art of watching is like brushing away dust from a mirror until it is clean. Over time one will be able to see what is hidden underneith the dust and can become sensitive to sounds, feelings, etc.

Joy and bliss begin to happen when the past and expectations are dropped and there is acceptance of whatever to happen.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote