View Single Post
sanya132's Avatar sanya132
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM

First of all... THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I have seen a good number of shows at this venue and (of course) TOOL was amazing. The opening band isn't much to talk about, but the musicians seemed descent. I was thinking Tool had picked this band because of those two brothers who they jammed with during Lateralus.

I had a pretty legit seat on the second floor so I could see the entire stage and everything that went on during the show, including the change-ups on the stage. The techs in the lab coats was a nice touch. It seemed like they worked fast and efficiently.

The sound of this show was almost unbelievable. I have to agree with the other posters about the BASS. I was up in the second floor and I could still feel it throughout the entire show. The intermissions and the jam during Lateralus added to the show, no doubt. However, just seeing the guys perform would have been enough. Seeing the setlist before the show did take away from the experience so I will make sure not to make the same mistake in the future. In spite of that I Loved the show and couldn't keep still in my seat the entire night. I kept getting blown away, song after song. The Maynardisms seemed pretty original too, despite what some say, and I think he said "It's all gonna workout." and not "It's all going to be okay." but the way he said it made me crack up laughing.

The guys seemed very into the show, especially Justin and Maynard. I had a good view of them the entire show. Maynard was dancing almost the entire show, grooving to the songs, dancing, or watching Danny tear it up. Danny was AMAZING (nuf said). Adam seemed a little out of it but that might have been due to him being focused on his work. Justin was a beast. Very energetic like Danny, and seemed to be giving it his all (all while making it look easy).

I didn't get a poster or the t-shirt from this show, which was really lame and definitely the worst part of the show. I wish I would've known about the guy in the parking lot.... When I got up in the front of the line at the merch booth, turned out they only had the L and XL of the limited edition t-shirts. Guess I'll give e-bay a look..

The crowd was truly great, not the usual Sac-to d-bags.

Anyway... TOOL did not disappoint. This was my first show and hopefully not the last.

One last thing which I found funny. At the end of the show I was standing outside in front of the Arena next to the huge Pepsi cup that is splashing... anyway, some tweaker runs up to it and was sayin he's gonna "shot-gun that huge pepsi" HAHAHA... damn tweakers.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

First of all... THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING. I have seen a good number of shows at this venue and (of course) TOOL was amazing. The opening band isn't much to talk about, but the musicians seemed descent. I was thinking Tool had picked this band because of those two brothers who they jammed with during Lateralus.

I had a pretty legit seat on the second floor so I could see the entire stage and everything that went on during the show, including the change-ups on the stage. The techs in the lab coats was a nice touch. It seemed like they worked fast and efficiently.

The sound of this show was almost unbelievable. I have to agree with the other posters about the BASS. I was up in the second floor and I could still feel it throughout the entire show. The intermissions and the jam during Lateralus added to the show, no doubt. However, just seeing the guys perform would have been enough. Seeing the setlist before the show did take away from the experience so I will make sure not to make the same mistake in the future. In spite of that I Loved the show and couldn't keep still in my seat the entire night. I kept getting blown away, song after song. The Maynardisms seemed pretty original too, despite what some say, and I think he said "It's all gonna workout." and not "It's all going to be okay." but the way he said it made me crack up laughing.

The guys seemed very into the show, especially Justin and Maynard. I had a good view of them the entire show. Maynard was dancing almost the entire show, grooving to the songs, dancing, or watching Danny tear it up. Danny was AMAZING (nuf said). Adam seemed a little out of it but that might have been due to him being focused on his work. Justin was a beast. Very energetic like Danny, and seemed to be giving it his all (all while making it look easy).

I didn't get a poster or the t-shirt from this show, which was really lame and definitely the worst part of the show. I wish I would've known about the guy in the parking lot.... When I got up in the front of the line at the merch booth, turned out they only had the L and XL of the limited edition t-shirts. Guess I'll give e-bay a look..

The crowd was truly great, not the usual Sac-to d-bags.

Anyway... TOOL did not disappoint. This was my first show and hopefully not the last.

One last thing which I found funny. At the end of the show I was standing outside in front of the Arena next to the huge Pepsi cup that is splashing... anyway, some tweaker runs up to it and was sayin he's gonna "shot-gun that huge pepsi" HAHAHA... damn tweakers.