View Single Post
Matthew77's Avatar Matthew77
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
"Same" set list or not, these guys are sounding fucking tight. That is all that matters in my book because I live in reality.

Yes, the start of the show was sounding terrible. The treble with Justin would not stop, he was drowned out. It was quickly resolved. Someone mentioned the mix of vocals, I noticed that but wasn't sure if Nard just was not singing, as per usual. Tool's crew are AMAZING!

Though I've gazed over the set list, I've never noticed if it was done before: I realized Intolerance was extended! I love that, how they pause and pick up to take you some where you have not been before and then come out, flawlessly, to the familiar. If there is a spiral to swing on, I was assuredly blazing mine last night.I can not thank Tool enough for that.

I was surprised that Sacto was phenomenally better than SF. I was sure it'd be the other way around. My seat was awesome! I was on Justin's side and he'd give props to our section and we went nuts! He nailed his piece during Schism. This man's energy is so fierce and yet so effortless looking. Watch out for Justin on the next album (fingers crossed).

I was sitting and absorbing the intermission spectacle when the techs start to bustle around on stage. OH SHIT A FUCKING DRUM DUAL! Lateralus was extened by an extra seven minutes(give or take). Sometimes I feel like: why the fuck is everyone so anal about keeping exact times and orders of set lists? Just sit there, shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride.

In summation, I had the time of my Tool life. I can say that because I missed the Lateralus tour, so maybe I don't "know better." lol

Give the guys love, they will return it TEN FOLD! It was palpable, the magic generated all around. It's all for love. I am now determined to get to both LA shows. (So if you have something, PM me!)

THANK YOU TOOL!
I was at the Seattle show and that was show number 12 for me and I have to agree with you. This was one badass show and it ranks up there with the best shows I have seen! And I saw Aenima and Lateralus toured.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15
Re: 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
"Same" set list or not, these guys are sounding fucking tight. That is all that matters in my book because I live in reality.

Yes, the start of the show was sounding terrible. The treble with Justin would not stop, he was drowned out. It was quickly resolved. Someone mentioned the mix of vocals, I noticed that but wasn't sure if Nard just was not singing, as per usual. Tool's crew are AMAZING!

Though I've gazed over the set list, I've never noticed if it was done before: I realized Intolerance was extended! I love that, how they pause and pick up to take you some where you have not been before and then come out, flawlessly, to the familiar. If there is a spiral to swing on, I was assuredly blazing mine last night.I can not thank Tool enough for that.

I was surprised that Sacto was phenomenally better than SF. I was sure it'd be the other way around. My seat was awesome! I was on Justin's side and he'd give props to our section and we went nuts! He nailed his piece during Schism. This man's energy is so fierce and yet so effortless looking. Watch out for Justin on the next album (fingers crossed).

I was sitting and absorbing the intermission spectacle when the techs start to bustle around on stage. OH SHIT A FUCKING DRUM DUAL! Lateralus was extened by an extra seven minutes(give or take). Sometimes I feel like: why the fuck is everyone so anal about keeping exact times and orders of set lists? Just sit there, shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride.

In summation, I had the time of my Tool life. I can say that because I missed the Lateralus tour, so maybe I don't "know better." lol

Give the guys love, they will return it TEN FOLD! It was palpable, the magic generated all around. It's all for love. I am now determined to get to both LA shows. (So if you have something, PM me!)

THANK YOU TOOL!
I was at the Seattle show and that was show number 12 for me and I have to agree with you. This was one badass show and it ranks up there with the best shows I have seen! And I saw Aenima and Lateralus toured.