View Single Post
Aletheon's Avatar Aletheon
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM

This was my 10th or 11th TOOL show dating back to 1993. I really need to figure out the dates. This show was near the top. Aside from Maynard not being able to scream like a 20-year old, the band is really sounding good this tour, and I thought all the additions to the songs helped the overall quality of the show.

Also, the internet ruins the suprise of a TOOL show. I wish I hadn't known the setlist, because if I hadn't known, and them opening with THIRD EYE, including Intolerance and The Patient, I would have been twice as blown away. So...yeah, don't screw up your live experience with prior knowledge.

Arco didn't sound as good as it could have. It was quite muddier than I've seen them before, but still sounded good enough to where it didn't take anything away from the performance, it just didn't have that extra sharp perfection that I've heard before from them soundwise. So, something was up with the mix that night, or maybe it was where I was sitting. All in all, probably a top 3 show from what I've seen.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

This was my 10th or 11th TOOL show dating back to 1993. I really need to figure out the dates. This show was near the top. Aside from Maynard not being able to scream like a 20-year old, the band is really sounding good this tour, and I thought all the additions to the songs helped the overall quality of the show.

Also, the internet ruins the suprise of a TOOL show. I wish I hadn't known the setlist, because if I hadn't known, and them opening with THIRD EYE, including Intolerance and The Patient, I would have been twice as blown away. So...yeah, don't screw up your live experience with prior knowledge.

Arco didn't sound as good as it could have. It was quite muddier than I've seen them before, but still sounded good enough to where it didn't take anything away from the performance, it just didn't have that extra sharp perfection that I've heard before from them soundwise. So, something was up with the mix that night, or maybe it was where I was sitting. All in all, probably a top 3 show from what I've seen.
OFFLINE |