View Single Post
Tiresias
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM

SETLIST:

Timothy Leary Intro
Third Eye (extended)
Maynardism: paraphrase: "Just leave everything going on out there for tonight and enjoy the moment)
Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Interlude (Lost Keyes-esque)
Vicarious (last chorus for the crowd)
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Maynardism: (A joke about Marty seeing himself in the past, future, past, "whatever" in Back to the Future)
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended
46 & 2
Intermission (Space psychedelic)
Jam with what might be new material
Lateralus (extended with drummer and bassist from JBGSM: after which Maynard said: "You can't photoshop that shit.") (It was about 20-30 minutes long overall?)
Maynardism: "It's all going to be alright."
Aenima
Huge cheers for Danny, Justin and Adam after Maynard peaced, but he gave us a big wave before he left. Huge smiles on the guys faces.

ARCO sound is amazing. Loudest arena in the NBA=great venue for tool. By the end of Jambi it sounded like the sound guys had everything right for the building, and the sound only got better as the night wore on.

Highlights: Vicarious, Intolerance, Third Eye, LATERALUS. 46 and 2 before the intermission was the tightest I have ever heard it, and they have played it all 8 times I have seen them.

The jam during Lateralus was killer. Maynard was doing something with setlists? Paper cards? with question marks on them? goofing around during the breakdown, but then also listening attentively. Everyone got solos during the break down. Danny was putting on a clinic.

Junior has done something amazing with that light set-up, Well done.

Saw them with King Crimson in 2001, the shoe incident in Sacramento in 2002, the last show of the Lateralus tour in Long Beach, but this is the most dynamic I have ever seen the band. They are having fun with the material like never before. Thanks guys.
... and thank you Sacramento. You surpassed my expectations with a great positive vibe.

-Tiresias
08/11/01 Berkeley
11/02/01 Sacramento
11/03/01 Mt. View
07/15/02 Los Angeles
11/24/02 Long Beach
04/30/06 Coachella
10/07/06 Wantagh
07/13/10 Sacramento (woo hoo!!!)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.13.2010 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena

SETLIST:

Timothy Leary Intro
Third Eye (extended)
Maynardism: paraphrase: "Just leave everything going on out there for tonight and enjoy the moment)
Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist (extended)
Interlude (Lost Keyes-esque)
Vicarious (last chorus for the crowd)
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Maynardism: (A joke about Marty seeing himself in the past, future, past, "whatever" in Back to the Future)
Intolerance (extended)
Schism (extended
46 & 2
Intermission (Space psychedelic)
Jam with what might be new material
Lateralus (extended with drummer and bassist from JBGSM: after which Maynard said: "You can't photoshop that shit.") (It was about 20-30 minutes long overall?)
Maynardism: "It's all going to be alright."
Aenima
Huge cheers for Danny, Justin and Adam after Maynard peaced, but he gave us a big wave before he left. Huge smiles on the guys faces.

ARCO sound is amazing. Loudest arena in the NBA=great venue for tool. By the end of Jambi it sounded like the sound guys had everything right for the building, and the sound only got better as the night wore on.

Highlights: Vicarious, Intolerance, Third Eye, LATERALUS. 46 and 2 before the intermission was the tightest I have ever heard it, and they have played it all 8 times I have seen them.

The jam during Lateralus was killer. Maynard was doing something with setlists? Paper cards? with question marks on them? goofing around during the breakdown, but then also listening attentively. Everyone got solos during the break down. Danny was putting on a clinic.

Junior has done something amazing with that light set-up, Well done.

Saw them with King Crimson in 2001, the shoe incident in Sacramento in 2002, the last show of the Lateralus tour in Long Beach, but this is the most dynamic I have ever seen the band. They are having fun with the material like never before. Thanks guys.
... and thank you Sacramento. You surpassed my expectations with a great positive vibe.

-Tiresias
08/11/01 Berkeley
11/02/01 Sacramento
11/03/01 Mt. View
07/15/02 Los Angeles
11/24/02 Long Beach
04/30/06 Coachella
10/07/06 Wantagh
07/13/10 Sacramento (woo hoo!!!)
OFFLINE |