View Single Post
Arathor226's Avatar Arathor226
06-28-2010, 04:11 PM

This was my second Tool show, and let me tell you, what a ride.

To start it off, me and my friends began planning months ahead when the tour was first announced. We quickly communicated, threw our money together, and sat at my computer for two hours to be the first to buy the tickets. To our luck we all received the floor seats. As the days went on we organized the car situation, gas, motels, e.t.c. All came together for an amazing trip.

On Friday we left Pittsburgh for our wonderful 9-10 hour drive. We arrived in St.Louis late and slept the night. Saturday morning we went down to the riverfront to see the gate, ate breakfast, and prepared to head into St. Charles. We left 3 hours early and were some of the first people there. We waited in line for 2 and a half hours in the blazing 106+ heat, and were forced to purchase the $5 water bottles.

Then we finally got in, got our shirts, and posters, and awaited for the music to start.

WovenHand was actually pretty good, their lead man was pretty intense, he had an amazing stage presence.

After WH played, the floor began to become very packed. Which bothered alot of us. There were a few drunk pricks, like Captain FatAss who apparently wrote fro Spin, and has seen 56 shows in his time, and is the only one on the floor who knows anything about the band (everyone on this post who was on the floor knows who I'm talking about). I also received my fair share of dirty hippie dreads in my mouth. Luckily everything calmed down just in time for the lights to dim, and for the members of Tool to enter, although there was a pretty ugly fight that quickly ended though.

The show was amazing! Extended versions of a few songs, double times, ambient set breaks, insane visuals, great sound, dueling drum solos, an altogether amazing experience.

And of course the Maynardisms. A few I can remember are as followed:

"For the next 2 hours, whatever's going on out there has nothing to do with whats going on in here."

"How many of you out there are 20 yrs old are younger -- Well most of you weren't even born when we wrote this song, and for all of you that are 20 yrs or older, you can wipe that smug look of your face."

Maynard also had his stage antics, which were quite enjoyable.

The band was dead on, sounded, and played amazingly.

There were even interpretive dance sessions in the parking lot after the show let out!

A very good time on my part, totally worth the combined 12+ hrs of driving, which included me getting food poisoning on the way home:)!!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.26.2010 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena

This was my second Tool show, and let me tell you, what a ride.

To start it off, me and my friends began planning months ahead when the tour was first announced. We quickly communicated, threw our money together, and sat at my computer for two hours to be the first to buy the tickets. To our luck we all received the floor seats. As the days went on we organized the car situation, gas, motels, e.t.c. All came together for an amazing trip.

On Friday we left Pittsburgh for our wonderful 9-10 hour drive. We arrived in St.Louis late and slept the night. Saturday morning we went down to the riverfront to see the gate, ate breakfast, and prepared to head into St. Charles. We left 3 hours early and were some of the first people there. We waited in line for 2 and a half hours in the blazing 106+ heat, and were forced to purchase the $5 water bottles.

Then we finally got in, got our shirts, and posters, and awaited for the music to start.

WovenHand was actually pretty good, their lead man was pretty intense, he had an amazing stage presence.

After WH played, the floor began to become very packed. Which bothered alot of us. There were a few drunk pricks, like Captain FatAss who apparently wrote fro Spin, and has seen 56 shows in his time, and is the only one on the floor who knows anything about the band (everyone on this post who was on the floor knows who I'm talking about). I also received my fair share of dirty hippie dreads in my mouth. Luckily everything calmed down just in time for the lights to dim, and for the members of Tool to enter, although there was a pretty ugly fight that quickly ended though.

The show was amazing! Extended versions of a few songs, double times, ambient set breaks, insane visuals, great sound, dueling drum solos, an altogether amazing experience.

And of course the Maynardisms. A few I can remember are as followed:

"For the next 2 hours, whatever's going on out there has nothing to do with whats going on in here."

"How many of you out there are 20 yrs old are younger -- Well most of you weren't even born when we wrote this song, and for all of you that are 20 yrs or older, you can wipe that smug look of your face."

Maynard also had his stage antics, which were quite enjoyable.

The band was dead on, sounded, and played amazingly.

There were even interpretive dance sessions in the parking lot after the show let out!

A very good time on my part, totally worth the combined 12+ hrs of driving, which included me getting food poisoning on the way home:)!!
OFFLINE |