View Single Post
NamasteChris
06-27-2010, 01:56 AM

7th time seeing Tool. I can honestly say this is easily #1 now. OMG, what a beautiful night. I actually got to hear the guys play Third Eye which was worth it all right there. They could have said goodnight right after it and it would have been good enough for me, lol. The setlist is great and for anyone on the fence or just considering going to one of these shows on this tour...I strongly suggest that you do because it is pure genius. I loved the extended versions and tweeks to all of the songs. Lateralus is my favorite song in this entire universe and they just smashed it. This rendition of AEnima is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard...the way Maynard changes it up towards the end was fan fucking tastic. Overall great great night...should have mentioned my wife and I were no more than 10-15 feet from Justin right in front of him and I'm quite sure that we acknowledged one another on a few different occasions. Normally I focus more so in on Maynard or Danny but tonight I gained an even new level of respect for Justin. They are truly a unit.... a once in a lifetime, never going to be another band like it for as long as live kind of unit. Had a completely kick ass time out in the parking lot afterwards with some great people and a very unique dude playing a great drum. It was a great send off into the night. The one and only downer is, like tooldude said, the honky tonk white trash was out in full force and our group nearly got into it with this fat slob of a man pretending he wrote for Spin Magazine. Just so you know you toolbag, you are absolutely the epitome of everything that this band hates in people. So go and write about that. Aside from that little bit of nothing, it was a phenomenal evening and one that I will cherish for a very long time. PEACE
Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.26.2010 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena

7th time seeing Tool. I can honestly say this is easily #1 now. OMG, what a beautiful night. I actually got to hear the guys play Third Eye which was worth it all right there. They could have said goodnight right after it and it would have been good enough for me, lol. The setlist is great and for anyone on the fence or just considering going to one of these shows on this tour...I strongly suggest that you do because it is pure genius. I loved the extended versions and tweeks to all of the songs. Lateralus is my favorite song in this entire universe and they just smashed it. This rendition of AEnima is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard...the way Maynard changes it up towards the end was fan fucking tastic. Overall great great night...should have mentioned my wife and I were no more than 10-15 feet from Justin right in front of him and I'm quite sure that we acknowledged one another on a few different occasions. Normally I focus more so in on Maynard or Danny but tonight I gained an even new level of respect for Justin. They are truly a unit.... a once in a lifetime, never going to be another band like it for as long as live kind of unit. Had a completely kick ass time out in the parking lot afterwards with some great people and a very unique dude playing a great drum. It was a great send off into the night. The one and only downer is, like tooldude said, the honky tonk white trash was out in full force and our group nearly got into it with this fat slob of a man pretending he wrote for Spin Magazine. Just so you know you toolbag, you are absolutely the epitome of everything that this band hates in people. So go and write about that. Aside from that little bit of nothing, it was a phenomenal evening and one that I will cherish for a very long time. PEACE
OFFLINE |