View Single Post
Hipkick
08-08-2009, 05:16 AM

Most disappointing Tool show I have seen. Saw them for the 5th time (3 times 10.000 days tour and 1 time Lateralus tour before Kingston) and I was really disappointed.
The sound was just horrible (I tried different places on the floor but it was crap everywhere). The music was too loud, the voice was too soft and the balance between the hard and soft parts of the songs was completely gone. This made the whole dynamics of the songs disappear... for example the break down in Aenima (I am praying for rain) lost all of its power this way, the loud part was as hard as the soft part and the voice was always too soft.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the breaks between the songs and they start making some freak sounds... All the time between the songs! Okay with the volume too high it was bad of course, but c'mon the time they spent on this noise making is really too much... I did not pay almost 100 dollar for some noise! Just play the songs!!!! And instead of peeping so much they could have played two more songs easily! It was the longest Tool show I've seen but not the one with the most songs hmmmmm.
As for the stage act, it was very good. I really liked the lasers and the moving backgrounds. Also Justin, Adam and Denny seemed to have a great time. But Mayndert seemed to be bored at times, for me it felt he was not really "playing from his fckng heart". But a good stage act with bad sound and too many breaks between songs made me feel bored too.
this was probably the last time I have seen them live... I will search for a new band to love since I feel I got dumped in Kingston by my great love.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.04.09 - Kingston, ON @ K Rock Center

Most disappointing Tool show I have seen. Saw them for the 5th time (3 times 10.000 days tour and 1 time Lateralus tour before Kingston) and I was really disappointed.
The sound was just horrible (I tried different places on the floor but it was crap everywhere). The music was too loud, the voice was too soft and the balance between the hard and soft parts of the songs was completely gone. This made the whole dynamics of the songs disappear... for example the break down in Aenima (I am praying for rain) lost all of its power this way, the loud part was as hard as the soft part and the voice was always too soft.
Another thing that really annoyed me was the breaks between the songs and they start making some freak sounds... All the time between the songs! Okay with the volume too high it was bad of course, but c'mon the time they spent on this noise making is really too much... I did not pay almost 100 dollar for some noise! Just play the songs!!!! And instead of peeping so much they could have played two more songs easily! It was the longest Tool show I've seen but not the one with the most songs hmmmmm.
As for the stage act, it was very good. I really liked the lasers and the moving backgrounds. Also Justin, Adam and Denny seemed to have a great time. But Mayndert seemed to be bored at times, for me it felt he was not really "playing from his fckng heart". But a good stage act with bad sound and too many breaks between songs made me feel bored too.
this was probably the last time I have seen them live... I will search for a new band to love since I feel I got dumped in Kingston by my great love.
OFFLINE |