View Single Post
transcend187's Avatar transcend187
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Lateralus & Vicarious is the encore.

Great show. The band was pretty tight (rhythmic flubs as usual though, many caused by Maynard). Light show was fantastic. I was really happy to hear Flood, which they pulled off amazingly. Lateralus was good as usual, but a little weird with the second drummer (from Make A Wish)? After he left, Maynard said, "Sorry about your terminal illness."

Overall, the band sounded better than the other two shows I've been to, but the sound quality was lower. Eardrum-bursting volume; it shouldn't have to be that loud. Maybe I sound like an old man, but I prefer to hear the music without my ears hurting. If they were out of tune, the volume made it impossible to tell. And it was muddy as hell.

Last edited by transcend187; 08-06-2009 at 09:33 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1439
Re: 08.04.09 - Kingston, ON @ K Rock Center

Lateralus & Vicarious is the encore.

Great show. The band was pretty tight (rhythmic flubs as usual though, many caused by Maynard). Light show was fantastic. I was really happy to hear Flood, which they pulled off amazingly. Lateralus was good as usual, but a little weird with the second drummer (from Make A Wish)? After he left, Maynard said, "Sorry about your terminal illness."

Overall, the band sounded better than the other two shows I've been to, but the sound quality was lower. Eardrum-bursting volume; it shouldn't have to be that loud. Maybe I sound like an old man, but I prefer to hear the music without my ears hurting. If they were out of tune, the volume made it impossible to tell. And it was muddy as hell.

Last edited by transcend187; 08-06-2009 at 09:33 PM..
OFFLINE |