View Single Post
Kevindust29's Avatar Kevindust29
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM

Another great Tool show, the band was tight and Maynard was talking and dancing. I was on the floor about twenty people back and I was sober so I really got to observe and absorb the players and the music.

Not much to say that hasn't been said in other reviews for this tour but I will mention that I used to not like Vicarious as a closer (vs. Lateralus) but now I think it rocks. The volume and intensity then *BANG* ...the sudden stop and silence. Very different vibe from ending on Lateralus but cool and intense none the less.

My only negative on the evening was the rediculous amount of moshing meatheads. I'm all for self expression but can't these idiots do something a little more positive than beating the crap out of each other while detracting from the show for their roomates in the audience? Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't like being rubbed by sweaty men.

Thankfully there was a balance - met some cool folks at the show. Stood at the sound/light/video booth for TweakBird and chatted with another solo Toolhead from Ottawa, and a couple lads recognized my car in the parking lot (from posting here) and said hello after the show.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.04.09 - Kingston, ON @ K Rock Center

Another great Tool show, the band was tight and Maynard was talking and dancing. I was on the floor about twenty people back and I was sober so I really got to observe and absorb the players and the music.

Not much to say that hasn't been said in other reviews for this tour but I will mention that I used to not like Vicarious as a closer (vs. Lateralus) but now I think it rocks. The volume and intensity then *BANG* ...the sudden stop and silence. Very different vibe from ending on Lateralus but cool and intense none the less.

My only negative on the evening was the rediculous amount of moshing meatheads. I'm all for self expression but can't these idiots do something a little more positive than beating the crap out of each other while detracting from the show for their roomates in the audience? Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't like being rubbed by sweaty men.

Thankfully there was a balance - met some cool folks at the show. Stood at the sound/light/video booth for TweakBird and chatted with another solo Toolhead from Ottawa, and a couple lads recognized my car in the parking lot (from posting here) and said hello after the show.