View Single Post
Bino
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM

Best part - Maynard singing "I embrace my....french fries" as he held them like an actor holds the skull doing Macbeth.

Great show. Had prime seats - 202 4th row and it was great. Some mixing issues WRT vocals. My ears were still ringing when I got up this morning. As noted above, Maynard was really in to it and animated relative to his usual performance.

Vicarious sucks as a closer. When Maynard doesn't even sing the final chorus, it's time to drop the song. Guest drummer was fine, whatever, but would have rathered they not bother. Flood killed.

Unless they radically alter the set list, I'm probably done seeing them live.

Here is a review in the Sun - note that some dickweeds actually made shirts complaining about the set list like a bunch of retarded, self-absorbed spoiled fucktards. http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm...74756-sun.html

Last thing - I made the mistake of wearing my TA shirt. Nerd magnet from hell. I'm having a smoke and people are asking me how much fucking Karma I've got on the TA website? Also, some hammered chick screams out at me from across a sea of people, "WHAT'S YOUR HANDLE?". Cringe. What was I thinking?

Last edited by Bino; 08-06-2009 at 07:02 AM..
Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Best part - Maynard singing "I embrace my....french fries" as he held them like an actor holds the skull doing Macbeth.

Great show. Had prime seats - 202 4th row and it was great. Some mixing issues WRT vocals. My ears were still ringing when I got up this morning. As noted above, Maynard was really in to it and animated relative to his usual performance.

Vicarious sucks as a closer. When Maynard doesn't even sing the final chorus, it's time to drop the song. Guest drummer was fine, whatever, but would have rathered they not bother. Flood killed.

Unless they radically alter the set list, I'm probably done seeing them live.

Here is a review in the Sun - note that some dickweeds actually made shirts complaining about the set list like a bunch of retarded, self-absorbed spoiled fucktards. http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm...74756-sun.html

Last thing - I made the mistake of wearing my TA shirt. Nerd magnet from hell. I'm having a smoke and people are asking me how much fucking Karma I've got on the TA website? Also, some hammered chick screams out at me from across a sea of people, "WHAT'S YOUR HANDLE?". Cringe. What was I thinking?

Last edited by Bino; 08-06-2009 at 07:02 AM..
OFFLINE |