View Single Post
browntoolstain
08-03-2009, 06:10 AM

Another great tool show. Number 13 for me and first for my child to be born in December. He hasnt moved a whole lot since Aenema but I think he will make a full recovery :). Not a whole lot to add from the billion other posts from this tour, its all positive from me in regards to I understand the same set list. They put on such a huge show, to go change or throw in a different song would take the crew and tool a lot of time to make it flow and sync as well as the rest of the set. I think Maynard was alright for the show, started off strong but maybe the dump he had to take slowed him down. He was a good vocal level at the beginning but the rest of the band was a bit muddy. Once they fixed everyone else, maynard's level went down. But for not having a sound check and maynard just getting up there I think they did the best they could. The rest of the guys are perfect every show, you could tell they want to be up there more than maynard but they have it easier than him. Maynard is up there laying it out night after night, people wanting to hear about the dark days of his life and all he really wants to do is relax and drink wine. Who can blame him? It seems like he's accomplished a lot on a personal level and he's like a poet who's pen has run of out ink and who doesn't really see the need to get another. I hope he does find a little more inspiration to do another album and put on a final tour to close out the TOOL book. I will miss them when they are gone but I think its important to go out with passion rather than to go out trying to pay the electric bill. The guys should put something together and play forever. I hope they feel like they can exist without maynard and do some jazz space exploration oddessies.

the set they played are probably the best songs they have ever written (from a song writing and maturity level) of course... their are other songs, you know which ones I am talking about you would all like to hear. But what if every day you had to go to work and someone went, hey tell me about the worst day of your life and please tell 10,000 the same story. i know its his job, but he has a lot of stories to tell.

When I left i heard this kid bitching about 60 dollars and the same set list. I wanted to tell him, i bet you knew the set list and you still went but you went just so you could complain and say tool sucks. go F yourself. stop liking tool and stop breathing.

Finally, i must have read a ton of reviews about the colorado show and widespread panic being better than tool and because "panic" played 44 different songs over two nights they are better. people are idiots. all i am going to say is the last 2 minutes of 46&2 even on a bad night for the band, has more emotion and passion than ANY second of a widespread panic song.

Thank you TOOL, hope to see you again someday.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Another great tool show. Number 13 for me and first for my child to be born in December. He hasnt moved a whole lot since Aenema but I think he will make a full recovery :). Not a whole lot to add from the billion other posts from this tour, its all positive from me in regards to I understand the same set list. They put on such a huge show, to go change or throw in a different song would take the crew and tool a lot of time to make it flow and sync as well as the rest of the set. I think Maynard was alright for the show, started off strong but maybe the dump he had to take slowed him down. He was a good vocal level at the beginning but the rest of the band was a bit muddy. Once they fixed everyone else, maynard's level went down. But for not having a sound check and maynard just getting up there I think they did the best they could. The rest of the guys are perfect every show, you could tell they want to be up there more than maynard but they have it easier than him. Maynard is up there laying it out night after night, people wanting to hear about the dark days of his life and all he really wants to do is relax and drink wine. Who can blame him? It seems like he's accomplished a lot on a personal level and he's like a poet who's pen has run of out ink and who doesn't really see the need to get another. I hope he does find a little more inspiration to do another album and put on a final tour to close out the TOOL book. I will miss them when they are gone but I think its important to go out with passion rather than to go out trying to pay the electric bill. The guys should put something together and play forever. I hope they feel like they can exist without maynard and do some jazz space exploration oddessies.

the set they played are probably the best songs they have ever written (from a song writing and maturity level) of course... their are other songs, you know which ones I am talking about you would all like to hear. But what if every day you had to go to work and someone went, hey tell me about the worst day of your life and please tell 10,000 the same story. i know its his job, but he has a lot of stories to tell.

When I left i heard this kid bitching about 60 dollars and the same set list. I wanted to tell him, i bet you knew the set list and you still went but you went just so you could complain and say tool sucks. go F yourself. stop liking tool and stop breathing.

Finally, i must have read a ton of reviews about the colorado show and widespread panic being better than tool and because "panic" played 44 different songs over two nights they are better. people are idiots. all i am going to say is the last 2 minutes of 46&2 even on a bad night for the band, has more emotion and passion than ANY second of a widespread panic song.

Thank you TOOL, hope to see you again someday.
OFFLINE |