View Single Post
detuned
08-03-2009, 05:24 AM

tweak bird went on at 7:45, ended around 8:20ish
tool went on exactly at 9:43, ended around 11:35ish

sound could have been a lot better. could barely hear maynard at all, not mention he was clearly not kidding about being tired and rather being in his hotel room, skipped/changed a bunch of parts, "peaced the fuck out" immediately when they were finished. as for the rest of the band's sound, i dont know if it was the reverb of the arena or what, but things got buried and lacked clarity. some of the dynamics of going into certain parts and such lacked power. seemed like they were going a little overboard with effects as well, most specifically justin on the intro to 46&2. a bunch of the early songs were a bit slower and sort of loose which put a damper as well.

i think lateralus was the moment where the sound and performance really hit a sweet spot and was really great. the extended intro of flood was also pretty awesome.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

tweak bird went on at 7:45, ended around 8:20ish
tool went on exactly at 9:43, ended around 11:35ish

sound could have been a lot better. could barely hear maynard at all, not mention he was clearly not kidding about being tired and rather being in his hotel room, skipped/changed a bunch of parts, "peaced the fuck out" immediately when they were finished. as for the rest of the band's sound, i dont know if it was the reverb of the arena or what, but things got buried and lacked clarity. some of the dynamics of going into certain parts and such lacked power. seemed like they were going a little overboard with effects as well, most specifically justin on the intro to 46&2. a bunch of the early songs were a bit slower and sort of loose which put a damper as well.

i think lateralus was the moment where the sound and performance really hit a sweet spot and was really great. the extended intro of flood was also pretty awesome.
OFFLINE |