View Single Post
calumny's Avatar calumny
07-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprry75 View Post
I've posted my thoughts on the show all over, but I'll come in here to say that of the five times I've seen them, Maynard was by far more animated this time around. Perhaps it was because of where I was sitting (Sec 8, just above Adam) so I had a great view of MJK, but he seemed really into it for most of the show.
i felt that too, it felt like he really wanted to be there and was grateful that he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordo View Post
I have gone to 30ish shows dating back to the early club shows
while that isn't a "problem" (i've never seen 1 band that many times, and would love to, sure!), but i think that's your problem. you're expecting too much. you aren't just realizing this nor accepting it for what it is, which is a showcase of music (regardless of how many times you have heard it or have seen it live) in a live setting with astonishing visuals that actually mean something if you know what to look for, or want to.

shit, the sole fact there was a bright green unicursal hexagram hanging in the middle of the ESArena was enough for me to come check out.

i think it's a false sense of entitlement, that is all.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprry75 View Post
I've posted my thoughts on the show all over, but I'll come in here to say that of the five times I've seen them, Maynard was by far more animated this time around. Perhaps it was because of where I was sitting (Sec 8, just above Adam) so I had a great view of MJK, but he seemed really into it for most of the show.
i felt that too, it felt like he really wanted to be there and was grateful that he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordo View Post
I have gone to 30ish shows dating back to the early club shows
while that isn't a "problem" (i've never seen 1 band that many times, and would love to, sure!), but i think that's your problem. you're expecting too much. you aren't just realizing this nor accepting it for what it is, which is a showcase of music (regardless of how many times you have heard it or have seen it live) in a live setting with astonishing visuals that actually mean something if you know what to look for, or want to.

shit, the sole fact there was a bright green unicursal hexagram hanging in the middle of the ESArena was enough for me to come check out.

i think it's a false sense of entitlement, that is all.
OFFLINE |