View Single Post
the_yeti
07-20-2009, 05:30 AM

You know - I dont know why you guys are bitching. Yeah - its the same set list 3 years later, but there has been no new album either.

I didnt expect anything new (or old for that matter) because you all know that Maynard has been off signing wine bottles all month, not practicing with Tool.

I liked the show. It was great. I didnt catch the mistakes you guys are claiming (although I am sure they were made) and I thought Flood was awesomly distorted.

You guys need to take to heart what Maynard said. "this is today, 2009. Today. And you are here. It may be similar to other days, but this is today, and you are here"

Thats not a direct quote, but its close.

The only thing that I thought could have been better was the vocals on Rosetta Stoned, but that was probably the venues issue as much as the band.

******************Venue Review ***************
Overall, I liked it. Wikipedia says 15,000 people for end stage concerts. My experiance with arena shows are pretty much the Palace in Detroit and Joe Louis Arena, and one horrible show at Cobo.

The venue seemed smaller to me than the Palace. I liked how the seats are a good 15 feet above the floor. It defiantly sounds like an arena, but I bet EVERY concert has the exact same sound quality where as the Palace is hit or miss.

The venue never seemed crowded, it was hot, staff was nazi's about tickets.

I like how its in a Downtown as opposed to sitting in the middle of nowhere in the middle of acres of parking lot.

Salt Lake City -BEAUTIFUL. Its 100 degress and you can see snow on the mountain. I cant imagine ever coming here unless you are into hiking or skiing and other outdoor shit. That's why I am glad I come for concerts. Cause its freakin pretty here.

That is all
Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

You know - I dont know why you guys are bitching. Yeah - its the same set list 3 years later, but there has been no new album either.

I didnt expect anything new (or old for that matter) because you all know that Maynard has been off signing wine bottles all month, not practicing with Tool.

I liked the show. It was great. I didnt catch the mistakes you guys are claiming (although I am sure they were made) and I thought Flood was awesomly distorted.

You guys need to take to heart what Maynard said. "this is today, 2009. Today. And you are here. It may be similar to other days, but this is today, and you are here"

Thats not a direct quote, but its close.

The only thing that I thought could have been better was the vocals on Rosetta Stoned, but that was probably the venues issue as much as the band.

******************Venue Review ***************
Overall, I liked it. Wikipedia says 15,000 people for end stage concerts. My experiance with arena shows are pretty much the Palace in Detroit and Joe Louis Arena, and one horrible show at Cobo.

The venue seemed smaller to me than the Palace. I liked how the seats are a good 15 feet above the floor. It defiantly sounds like an arena, but I bet EVERY concert has the exact same sound quality where as the Palace is hit or miss.

The venue never seemed crowded, it was hot, staff was nazi's about tickets.

I like how its in a Downtown as opposed to sitting in the middle of nowhere in the middle of acres of parking lot.

Salt Lake City -BEAUTIFUL. Its 100 degress and you can see snow on the mountain. I cant imagine ever coming here unless you are into hiking or skiing and other outdoor shit. That's why I am glad I come for concerts. Cause its freakin pretty here.

That is all
OFFLINE |