View Single Post
Intolerable
07-20-2009, 01:38 AM

It was cool how Danny came out and played in a Utah Jazz jersey, (#5 Carlos Boozer). He changed it to a Lakers one at the intermession though. He still had the Jazz shorts on.

I wish Maynard was in a more 'showman' mode. I had seen show clips from years ago where he had been putting on a straight up stage routine, cracking jokes, etc.

He only spoke twice tonight... at the start of the concert he asked us if we wanted to take part in an experiement. For the experiement he had us raise up our right hands with the palm facing the back of the building and recite 'home'. Not sure what that was, anyone have a clue?

I couldn't really make out much of the other time he spoke. It was something like "You can always remember today as the day you were here. Today is the day that you were here, and that I was here, and that you were here with me". That's not a direct quote. Infact that could be completely off. Did anyone catch it?

This was my first show, so I thought it was kickass regardless. Yeah I suppose they were a little off and maybe not totally into it... maybe they're still a little rusty.. They were probably tired from the night before.

It was so awesome to hear them play Flood. It caught me completely off guard. Jambi was awesome, Stinkfist was dope and had a little extended guitar part, which was also good. The vocals for Rosetta Stoned at the beginning were wierd and didn't sound that great, but the song picked up and it was awesome to hear it live.

I did feel like it was a short show. I felt like The Pot and 10,000 Days were defintly missing from it. I was sure they would play them. Also maybe a Sober or Aenima. Naturally, my expectations were probably much much too high.

At the end of the show Maynard peaced out, but the rest of the band stuck around and thanked the crowd and seemed to be really appreciative of the audience. Danny threw his drumsticks and a couple of frisbees out into the crowd.

I'll definitly go back to see them again. Hopefully they'll have more energy next time. Hell, maybe they'll even have some new songs.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

It was cool how Danny came out and played in a Utah Jazz jersey, (#5 Carlos Boozer). He changed it to a Lakers one at the intermession though. He still had the Jazz shorts on.

I wish Maynard was in a more 'showman' mode. I had seen show clips from years ago where he had been putting on a straight up stage routine, cracking jokes, etc.

He only spoke twice tonight... at the start of the concert he asked us if we wanted to take part in an experiement. For the experiement he had us raise up our right hands with the palm facing the back of the building and recite 'home'. Not sure what that was, anyone have a clue?

I couldn't really make out much of the other time he spoke. It was something like "You can always remember today as the day you were here. Today is the day that you were here, and that I was here, and that you were here with me". That's not a direct quote. Infact that could be completely off. Did anyone catch it?

This was my first show, so I thought it was kickass regardless. Yeah I suppose they were a little off and maybe not totally into it... maybe they're still a little rusty.. They were probably tired from the night before.

It was so awesome to hear them play Flood. It caught me completely off guard. Jambi was awesome, Stinkfist was dope and had a little extended guitar part, which was also good. The vocals for Rosetta Stoned at the beginning were wierd and didn't sound that great, but the song picked up and it was awesome to hear it live.

I did feel like it was a short show. I felt like The Pot and 10,000 Days were defintly missing from it. I was sure they would play them. Also maybe a Sober or Aenima. Naturally, my expectations were probably much much too high.

At the end of the show Maynard peaced out, but the rest of the band stuck around and thanked the crowd and seemed to be really appreciative of the audience. Danny threw his drumsticks and a couple of frisbees out into the crowd.

I'll definitly go back to see them again. Hopefully they'll have more energy next time. Hell, maybe they'll even have some new songs.
OFFLINE |