View Single Post
goodGod
07-19-2009, 11:47 PM

This would be my 47th time seeing TOOL.

The music is TOOL so the music that we got was great. I no longer expect to experience an aenima or lateralus type tour again so I take what I can get. If you experienced the good ole days then you know about what I write. The drive to the venue was full of anticipation. Walking from my car to the venue gave me and my friends the chills. Getting our persons checked and entering the building and it was on.

We stood in the pit somewhere with out moshing but still rocking out to our favorite band. They each had their place and the screens and the lights just enhanced the stimulating experience that overwhelmed my senses. The lights, the videos, the set lists - they were perfect back then. I knew pretty much what I was getting from show to show and I was so happy to make the long drives and occasional flights to catch about 10 shows per tour.

Now the lights are not as good but the lasers are freaking awesome. The videos are great and getting better.

But the set list does not inspire ANYTHING - it is what it is - and unfortunately it is crap.

I know it and you know it and there is no more denying it. What makes it unfortunate is that the set list is not going to change much if at all. I know it and you know it and there is no denying it. What used to be the best event on earth every four years has become just another concert. It does not inspire.

The only other shows I am going to are Phoenix, Chicago, and Pomona. The only reason I am going to Phoenix is because I am going to see friends on the way back to Caliornia. I am going to Chicago to visit friends and for the general party - not for this set list - no way jose. At Pomona I was going to introduce some younger friends to TOOL. I still will but they will not get out of it what I got out of any previous tour at any prior venue on any earlier date. Even if they fall in love with TOOL and download or buy all their music they will never hear it live the way some of us were lucky to...

... and that my friends is the sad truth.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

This would be my 47th time seeing TOOL.

The music is TOOL so the music that we got was great. I no longer expect to experience an aenima or lateralus type tour again so I take what I can get. If you experienced the good ole days then you know about what I write. The drive to the venue was full of anticipation. Walking from my car to the venue gave me and my friends the chills. Getting our persons checked and entering the building and it was on.

We stood in the pit somewhere with out moshing but still rocking out to our favorite band. They each had their place and the screens and the lights just enhanced the stimulating experience that overwhelmed my senses. The lights, the videos, the set lists - they were perfect back then. I knew pretty much what I was getting from show to show and I was so happy to make the long drives and occasional flights to catch about 10 shows per tour.

Now the lights are not as good but the lasers are freaking awesome. The videos are great and getting better.

But the set list does not inspire ANYTHING - it is what it is - and unfortunately it is crap.

I know it and you know it and there is no more denying it. What makes it unfortunate is that the set list is not going to change much if at all. I know it and you know it and there is no denying it. What used to be the best event on earth every four years has become just another concert. It does not inspire.

The only other shows I am going to are Phoenix, Chicago, and Pomona. The only reason I am going to Phoenix is because I am going to see friends on the way back to Caliornia. I am going to Chicago to visit friends and for the general party - not for this set list - no way jose. At Pomona I was going to introduce some younger friends to TOOL. I still will but they will not get out of it what I got out of any previous tour at any prior venue on any earlier date. Even if they fall in love with TOOL and download or buy all their music they will never hear it live the way some of us were lucky to...

... and that my friends is the sad truth.
OFFLINE |